XOESE is a feminist foundation of public utility.
XOESE is looking for a coordinator for the “Feminists in Action” project, a program designed to support feminist organizations in 31 countries in the South. The ideal candidate is passionate about feminism and has extensive experience in the area of women’s rights, project coordination and management, budget monitoring, grant making, and technical support to women’s rights organizations. To apply, please send your application before January 09, 2022, to email@example.com.
Organization: XOESE, The Francophone Women’s Fund
Job title: Coordinator, “Feminists in Action” (FEA)
Deadline: January 09, 2022, at midnight UTC
Duty station: Lomé (Togo) or remote (Africa, Europe)
Education and work experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent diploma + 2 years of experience
Languages: Fluency in French (English an asset)
Type of contract: One-year renewable consultant contract
XOESE, The Francophone Women’s Fund is a feminist foundation of public utility that financially and technically supports the initiatives of women-led organizations in the Global South French-speaking countries. Created in 2015, our secretariat is based in Lomé, Togo.
As a Fund, we work to strengthen the capacity of Francophone women’s and young women’s leaders and organizations to be effective gender advocates and tireless actors of social change. Through our grantmaking and programs, we resource the movement and support them to raise awareness about their rights, challenge the status quo and expose all forms of discrimination and oppression.
The “Feminists in Action” project
This program is designed to support feminist organizations in 31 countries in the Global South.
This project is developed and led by a consortium of organizations: CARE France (lead partner), Equipop (France), the Mediterranean Women’s Fund (FFMed, France), the Pananetugri Initiative for the Well-being of Woman (IPBF, Burkina Faso), Oxfam France, XOESE, the Francophone Women’s Fund (XOESE, Togo) with the financial support of the French Development Agency (AFD).
The general objective of this project is to support the transformative power of feminist organizations in the South in favor of a more egalitarian world. The specific objective aims to develop the capacities of feminist organizations at the financial, organizational and technical levels, as well as of their collective action in order to give them the means to be forces of change from the local to the global.
The FEA Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, implementation and evaluation of the project. The main missions include:
- the preparation and dissemination of calls for proposals as well as the evaluation of project proposals received from women’s organizations
- technical assistance to beneficiaries to enable them to strengthen their organizational capacities
- the development and implementation of technical support activities for Francophone women’s rights organizations and movements such as workshops and national institutes
- project budget monitoring
- the production of content for XOESE’s site and its social media accounts
- participation in project Steering Committee meetings
- representation of the Fund at project events
- preparing periodic reports and analysis on project activities, including grant statistics, grantee summaries, trend reports, desk reports, donor reports, etc.
- the development and implementation of capitalization activities with the beneficiaries
- project monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Other assigned tasks
The FEA Coordinator must be convinced of the mission and vision of the Fund and commit to respecting its values and contributing to achieving its objectives. She / he must have:
- Qualifications and experience required
University degree or equivalent training / experience in related fields of project management, international development, social sciences
- At least two years of experience in project coordination and management related to activism, women’s rights, gender or development
- Experience in the field of women’s rights and feminist movements in the South
- Experience in organizing workshops
- Experiences in monitoring, evaluation and learning systems
- Experience in financial management and budget monitoring
- Fluency in French (English an asset)
Essential knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated expertise in women’s rights in Africa and knowledge of the main issues and debates relating to women’s rights in French-speaking Africa
- A critical understanding and deep commitment to social justice and human rights issues facing Francophone women, young women, girls and older women
- Understanding of African women’s rights organizations and the ability to conduct assessments of organizational strategies and systems including financial systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral including the ability to make effective presentations to internal and external stakeholders as required
- Good interpersonal skills and good team spirit
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and provide a high level of professionalism
- Strong critical thinking skills, problem solving ability and resourcefulness
- Ability to travel in Africa and abroad if necessary
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills including MSOffice, familiarity with Mac preferred
- Skills in data management systems
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send the following application documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before January 9th, 2022, at Midnight UTC.
– a cover letter (including your salary aspiration),
– a recent curriculum vitae (1 to 2 pages maximum)
– copies of your diplomas and certificates,
– the contact details of three reference persons (including 1-2 of your former employers)
Please write “Coordinator, FEA” in the subject heading.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
If you did not hear back from us 8 weeks after the deadline, please consider that your application was not shortlisted.
XOESE is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
Women and young women from the diaspora are highly encouraged to apply.
No relocation costs will be covered for this position. Applicants could work from home.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com