Website YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley
Learning & Development Manager
Full-Time 40 hours/week), Exempt; Management
Location: YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112
Department: Organization Initiatives
Program: Learning & Development
Join a passionate, dynamic team dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. For over 140 years, YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley has provided programs and services that form a critical continuum of response, healing, and prevention. To encourage survivor self-determination, services are delivered through a strengths-based, non-judgmental and trauma-informed lens that aligns with our mission. Be a key part of shaping this future as our new Learning & Development Manager.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Learning & Development Manager has responsibility for developing, implementing, and continuously improving highly effective training programs that develops staff competency, reflects agency values and also best practices within the gender-based violence and anti-oppression fields. As a member of the YWCA Management Team, you will participate in program planning, design, change management, staff development, goal setting, community engagement and problem solving. The Manager:
- Responsible for and/or conducts professional trainings within the agency and also leads a team who coordinates the 75+ hour Sexual Assault Counselor & Race Equity trainings for staff, volunteers and community members.
- Works with senior leadership to standardize core agency trainings, including initial onboarding trainings, ongoing core competency trainings, mandated trainings, and trainings related to strategic initiatives.
- Implement training and development needs assessments and advances annual training plan in accordance with the agency’s strategic vision and values
- Understand the current and emerging learning, development, and performance needs of staff and volunteers working within the gender-based violence field; recommend and implement learning programs and assessment tools that are aligned to these needs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of trainings and development activities, creating meaningful indicators of the employee experience and making ongoing adjustments to improve results.
- Collaborates with COO & HR to ensure there are clear pathways for growth within the organization. Leads organizational Individual Development Plan process.
We are seeking a highly motivated, collaborative individual with a demonstrated ability a track record of developing and/or running successful training and development programs with quantified results. Additionally, an ideal candidate will possess knowledge of sexual assault and domestic violence issues, trauma, race-equity and client-centered service provision and anti-oppression framework. You must have an understanding of feminism and a strong commitment to social justice. Bilingual, bi-cultural and bi-literate skills are highly preferred but not required.
- Candidates must have a Bachelors in a social services or organizational development or an equivalent combination of education and experience, including program supervision experience
- 2+ years of experience in Learning and Development management, training delivery, instructional design, professional coaching or equivalent
- Strong project management skills such as planning, documentation and implementation- detail oriented, track tasks and handles multiple projects simultaneously and/or managing grant-funded programs
- Must have skills on key platforms: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, Google Suite and be quickly able to learn Slack and Survey Monkey
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid California driver’s license, 4 -years driving experience, reliable transportation and auto insurance. Must have completed or be willing to complete California State Sexual Assault Counselor certifications. (Training will be provided).
- A competitive benefits plan: Employer covers employee’s premium for health, dental, vision, and life insurance (depending on the plan you choose)
- A high deductible medical plan available including employer contributions and optional employee contributions and a limited Flexible Spending Account available
- 15 paid holidays are made available each year: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Women’s International Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples Day, Veteran Day, Thanksgiving, and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- 22.5. days of annual accrued PTO to start
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Talkspace for employees and their household members
- Immediate Employee contributed 403b, and an Employer Contributed
- 401a Retirement Plan with optional employee contributions after eligibility is met
- Parental leave for eligible employees for up to the first eight weeks
- Annual Retention Bonus
- Employee Discounts with TicketsatWork
- Free Access to the Calm App
- With access through Kaiser for the Ginger App and Class Pass
TO APPLY: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to [email protected] with “Learning & Development Manager” in subject line. First deadline for submission of resumes: November 30, 2023.
The YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com