Reports to: Marketing Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: Marketing and Membership Assistant (shared with Direct Marketing Manager)
FLSA Status: Exempt
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Membership Services and Planned Giving Manager to join our Marketing team. The Membership Services and Planned Giving Manager oversees all aspects of our membership services, our donor tele-town hall program, and our Planned Giving program.
At EMILYs List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILYs List.
Essential Job Functions
- Create programmatic strategies and tactics to improve member stewardship and acknowledgment of giving across multiple fundraising channels and contribution levels (up to $4,999);
- Serve as secondary supervisor for the Marketing and Membership Assistant, working with the Direct Marketing Manager to delegate work, manage workload, and provide performance feedback
- Supervise Marketing and Membership Assistant to ensure that EMILYs List donors are serviced in a timely fashion via phone, postal mail and email;
- Work with Marketing and Membership Assistant to provide maintenance of the monthly giving program through direct mail and telemarketing and online channels;
- Provide regular reports and memos on donor behavior and feedback to the organization;
- Oversee the maintenance of accurate and up to date donor records;
- Develop, oversee, and participate in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of planned giving donors and prospects;
- In collaboration with the Marketing Director, VP of Development, Major Gifts Director and planned giving consultant, prepare and execute the stewardship and cultivation plan, and ensure that interested donors receive timely responses;
- Oversee the comprehensive planned giving marketing strategy, as recommended by our planned giving consultant, which includes direct mail and online marketing, brochures, newsletters, etc. Provide analysis and evaluation of results;
- Ensure the effective daily operation of the planned giving program, including estate and gift processing and tracking, timely follow-up to planned giving inquiries, and in-house mailings;
- Manage the EMILYs List tele-town hall program for donors, working with internal staff and consultants to design timelines and content for quarterly calls.
- The ideal candidate must have exceptional communication and organization skills, the ability to work both independently and on a team, and the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Experience working with a planned giving or similar donor/fundraising program required;
- Must have a strong attention to detail, be a strong writer, editor, and proofreader.
- Three to five years of membership service or customer service experience and experience working with consultants or vendors preferred.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, Access, or Excel a plus
- All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice Women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary for this position is $62,000 – $70,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. To apply, visit our jobs site: Membership Services and Planned Giving Manager to upload your resume, provide a cover letter, and fill out an application. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. This position is based in the DC office with a hybrid schedule requiring at least 3 days per week in office.
ABOUT EMILY’S LIST
EMILYs List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, works to elect Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot and across the country with a goal of fighting for our rights and our communities. Our work is centered around a fundamental vision: Run. Win. Change the World. EMILYs List has raised $850 million in service to that vision and has helped Democratic women win competitive elections by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running one of the largest independent expenditure operations for Democrats, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 176 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 20 governors, and over 1,500 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILYs List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Visit www.emilyslist.org for more information.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.