Reports to: Vice President of State and Local Campaigns
Supervisory Responsibilities: State and Local Interns
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Union Position: Yes
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a State and Local Campaigns Assistant to join our State and Local Campaigns team. The State and Local Campaigns Assistant assists the State and Local Campaigns department in carrying out a variety of projects related to recruiting, training, and advising Democratic pro-choice women running for state legislative, constitutional, and key local offices.
At EMILY’s List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILY’s List.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide administrative support for the Vice President of State and Local Campaigns including managing the schedule;
- Provide scheduling assistance to Senior Director of State and Local Campaigns;
- Keep overall calendars of all important dates- programmatic and election- for the department;
- Hire and manage interns for state and local campaigns including assessment of workload and performance;
- Give logistical and substantive support of presentations, events and department meetings as needed;
- Update and disseminate staff maps, contact lists and other departmental updates throughout the organization;
- Lead and manage the PAC and consultant contribution process in conjunction with the Finance and Compliance team;
- Assist the Vice President in reconciling expenditures against program budgets;
- Assist in components of the endorsement process under the purview of the Endorsement Coordinator;
- Program lead on various projects per the Vice President of State and Local Campaigns;
- Work with members of the department to keep Every Action and other databases clean and up to date;
- Organize materials and information on the state and local online internal drive;
- Assist with planning and logistical preparation for campaign trainings as needed;
- Assist department with collecting information about state and other non-federal races and candidates as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidates for this position must be extremely detail-oriented, committed to discretion and confidentiality in the performance of their duties, and be calm and composed under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, professionalism, and maturity are critical to success.
- Candidates should be able to handle multiple projects at once, work well under deadline, and understand that evening and weekend work may be needed based on the demands of the election cycle.
- Working knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is essential.
- Experience with EveryAction is a plus
- Electoral experience, including volunteer or internships, is preferred.
- All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice Women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary for this position is $45,500 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. To apply, visit our jobs site: State & Local Campaigns Assistant to upload your resume, provide a cover letter, and fill out an application. Applications received by 3/9/2023 will be given priority. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. This position is based in the DC office with a hybrid schedule requiring at least 3 days per week in office.
ABOUT EMILY’S LIST
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, works to elect Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot and across the country with a goal of fighting for our rights and our communities. Our work is centered around a fundamental vision: Run. Win. Change the World. EMILY’s List has raised over $700 million in service to that vision and has helped Democratic women win competitive elections by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running one of the largest independent expenditure campaigns for Democrats, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 159 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and nearly 1,400 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Visit www.emilyslist.org for more information.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.