Department: Training & Community Engagement
Supervisor: Training Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Union Position: Yes
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Training Manager to join our Training & Community Engagement Team. The Training Manager is responsible for the design, implementation and execution of the EMILY’s List training program and goals.
Essential Job Functions
- Supporting the Training Director and VP of Training & Community Engagement to update training curriculum;
- Managing data integrity across systems and holding responsibility for organizing all training data using Excel or Google Sheets;
- Coordinating with other departments to execute trainings at the highest level on the ground including creating a training schedule, invitations, partnerships, vetting, logistics, and evaluations;
- Manages the training webinar program, including modifying curriculum, managing vendors, preparing trainers and working with Digital department to invite, track and vet attendees;
- Assist with development, coordination and facilitation of the Ignite Change Fellowship;
- Ongoing tailoring of the training programs, including curriculum updates/edits to ensure training and/or workshop best fits the needs of the room;
- Deploying as a trainer when necessary;
- Researching and vetting training locations across the country;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Travel required for trainings/conferences throughout the year, including some nights, and 10-12 weekends for a few hours.
- Experience with campaigns or progressive organizations;
- Track record of designing and executing successful training programs;
- Proven commitment to the diversity of curriculum development, training resources, partnering, self and staff development;
- Excellent communication and leadership skills;
- Proven track-record of managing transparently across departments to execute projects;
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively;
- Strong writing and organization systems;
- Commitment and passion to training, supporting and helping elect Pro-Choice Democratic Women;
- Commitment to the diversity of EMILY’s List candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
- Some database skills, EveryAction/VAN and Excel preferable;
- Experience with public speaking and/or adult learning a plus;
The salary for this position is $62,000 – $70,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. To apply, visit our jobs site: Training Manager to upload your resume, provide a cover letter, and fill out an application. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. This position is based in the DC office with a hybrid schedule requiring at least 3 days per week in the office.
ABOUT EMILY’S LIST
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, works to elect Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot and across the country with a goal of fighting for our rights and our communities. Our work is centered around a fundamental vision: Run. Win. Change the World. EMILY’s List has raised over $700 million in service to that vision and has helped Democratic women win competitive elections by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running one of the largest independent expenditure campaigns for Democrats, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 159 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and nearly 1,400 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Visit www.emilyslist.org for more information.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.