The Feminist Majority Foundation is the proud publisher of Ms. magazine and sister organization to The Feminist Majority. As jobs are posted on the site, they’ll be tagged FMF / FM / Ms.
Jobs at the Feminist Majority Foundation: Arlington, VA
Internships (Spring / Fall / Summer)
The Feminist Majority Foundation works to achieve women’s social, political, and economic equality around the world; our interns are essential.
Interns perform a wide variety of responsibilities, including monitoring press conferences, research, web and social media outreach and writing, event and community organizing, public policy analysis, organizational networking, media relations, and monitoring Congressional hearings. Each intern works closely with a staff member in order to learn directly from hands on experience and to contribute to substantive projects. All who are interested are encouraged to apply.
Interns in our Washington, DC office have the opportunity to work in one or more of the following areas:
- Choices Feminist Campus Leadership Program Work with FMF’s campus staff to launch pro-choice student groups on college campuses nationwide and conduct outreach to global women’s studies programs. Work on current campus initiatives including: Campaign to Expose Fake Clinics, Global Women’s and Reproductive Rights Campaign, Young Women’s Leadership Conferences, and our Gender Equity in Education Campaign.
- Education Equity Program Work on new efforts to save Title IX, contribute to a national network to help educators increase gender equity, and develop new FMF gender equity materials.
- Girls Learn International Work with FMF’s Girls Learn International program staff to launch GLI Chapters at high schools and middle schools in the U.S. and to identify new Partner Schools abroad. Conduct research and help develop new human rights based curriculum for the program.
- Global Health and Rights Help research and mobilize a feminist constituency on US foreign policy including international family planning,violence against women, sweatshops, peace and the environment.
- Government Relations Work closely with FMF’s Government relations director. Monitor congressional activity, research legislation, and attend committee meetings on the Hill.
- Media Team Contribute stories to the Feminist Daily Newswire, research media contacts and strategy, and develop press materials.
- National Clinic Access Project Be a part of the nation’s largest and oldest clinic defense team. Research and collect data on anti-abortion violence directed at health care workers and patients; monitor anti-abortion websites and literature.
- Web & Communications Team Be a part of an award-winning web team. Plan, organize, and market FMF’s website; research potential partnerships with other websites, participate in online discussions of feminist topics; learn marketable skills in DreamWeaver and Fireworks, and contribute new content to FMF sites. No prior web experience necessary.
To apply, email your resume (including GPA), cover letter, and a writing sample of no more than 3 pages to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interns are accepted for the following periods: Summer (June to August), Fall (September to December), and Spring (January to May). Please specify the internship area in which you would prefer to work in your application packet.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the slots for each session are filled. You can call (703)522-2214 or 1-866-444-3652 with any questions.
Jobs at Ms. Magazine: Beverly Hills, CA
Ms. Editorial Internship
We’re looking for bright, energetic, resourceful people with excellent research and writing skills. For the print magazine, our interns help gather and fact-check information, work on specific office projects, and participate in creating the magazine’s National News section. For Ms. Online, interns fact-check and photo-research Ms. Blog posts, write several posts weekly, and curate outside content. This is a great opportunity to learn how the editorial side of a non-profit magazine operates — from the inception of an idea to the final printed product — and a great place to gain new feminist perspectives. We have fall, spring, summer, and winter internships; please specify your availability. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
E-mail a cover letter, resume, 2 journalistic writing samples, and 2 letters of recommendation or 2 references to:
Ms./Feminist Majority Foundation
433 S. Beverly Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
phone: 310. 556.2500
fax: 310. 556.2509
Note: Intern applicants from outside the United States are welcome but if accepted, are responsible for obtaining the documentation necessary for their entry into the United States.
Ms./Feminist Majority Foundation Public Relations Internship
We’re looking for detail-oriented, outgoing people who are very comfortable doing phone outreach and enthusiastic about Ms. and feminism. Interns will help promote each issue of Ms. Duties include booking interviews for Ms. authors and editors, researching and compiling contacts from websites and electronic databases, coming up with timely promotional ideas, and creating press materials. Interns will also help with research projects for the Feminist Majority Foundation, and during the spring internship will be involved in organizing our annual global event. Event-planning experience is helpful. Microsoft Excel and internet research skills a necessity; Word, Filemaker, Access, and html a plus. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.