The Texas Democratic Party is seeking a research director to join our messaging team in Austin, Texas. We’re looking for a researcher who is passionate about fighting Trump Republicans in Texas and working on the ground to build Texas Democratic Party infrastructure.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Executing short- and long-term research goals
- Fact-checking all public communications
- Drafting memos, talking points, and rapid response documents
- Monitoring election activity around the state
- Managing research staff
- Performing background checks
- Performing additional specific research responsibilities, as directed
- 2+ years of experience in political research
- Analytical and communications skills
- Experience with LexisNexis, government databases, congressional and legislative vote analyses, and other relevant databases
- Experience compiling databases, and searching media, courthouse, campaign finance, public record, corporate and business filings, and tracking research into research books
- Bachelor’s degree
The research director will report to the senior brand director and work in collaboration with the communications, digital, finance, operations, and political departments. Some travel required. Applicants must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Legal experience a plus.
Send resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: “Research Director: (First Name, Last Name)”