The WOMEN VOTE! Research Director is in charge of developing and managing all of the research and fact-checking needs of the EMILY’s List independent expenditure for the election cycle and ensuring that WOMEN VOTE! operates at the highest levels of accuracy at all times.
- Develop a research work plan for the cycle;
- Work with progressive allies and research consultants to manage research for EMILY’s List endorsed candidates and opponents;
- Conduct original research to prepare polling memos on EMILY’s List candidates and opponents;
- Track all public communications from candidates, opponents and 3rd party groups;
- Manage the fact-check process for all WOMEN VOTE! communications, including mail, TV, radio, phone scripts, press releases and fundraising memos;
- Work with legal team and manage process to approve all WOMEN VOTE! communications, ensuring voter contact is error-free and on time;
- Hire and manage WOMEN VOTE! Coordinator and interns;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
· Minimum of four years of leadership in a research capacity at a political organization or campaign;
· The ideal candidate will have campaign research experience and staff management experience, including a minimum of one cycle as a statewide Research Director or significant experience at a Democratic committee, PAC, or progressive organization;
- Ability to utilize federal and state government databases and multiple other data sources;
· Excellent organizational skills and an obsession with accuracy and details are a must;
- Strong communications experience, including persuasive writing and confident rapid response;
- Understanding of independent expenditure product, process, and partners;
- Pro-active self-starter with a hunger to expand the EMILY’s List community, win races, and build a sustainable, progressive America.
EMILY’s List offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, email resume, cover letter, and a sample research product such as a side-by-side, ad back up, top hits or polling memo you have produced to firstname.lastname@example.org, – subject line “Research Director.” No calls, please.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
About EMILY's List
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Research Director to join our WOMEN VOTE! team. EMILY’s List has raised over $500 million to support pro-choice Democratic women candidates – making them one of the most successful political organizations ever. Our grassroots community of over five million members helps Democratic women wage competitive campaigns – and win. We recruit and train candidates, support strong campaigns, research the issues that impact women and families, and turn out women voters. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect 116 women to the House, 23 to the Senate, 12 governors, and over 800 to state and local office. Forty percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Since the 2016 election, thousands of women and counting have reached out to us about running for office. To harness this energy, EMILY’s List has launched Run to Win, an unprecedented effort to help more women run and win at the local, state, and national levels.