Progressive Change Campaign Committee Candidate Services Fellow
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee (PCCC) is hiring a Candidate Services Fellow to assist our candidate services work. We endorse hundreds of candidates each cycle and support their campaigns with fundraising, training, volunteers, digital programs, and other resources.
As a fellow, you will assist the team with research, targeting, and vetting processes.
- Evaluate applications for endorsement for state and local candidates all over the country. Working closely with the Research Coordinator and Director of Candidate Services, ensure that candidates are thoroughly researched prior to endorsement recommendations, and that those recommended for endorsement share PCCC values.
- Search for compelling candidates to support, and lead outreach communications to make sure those candidates are aware of the resources that PCCC offers to candidates, in the form of endorsements, training, technology, press, fundraising, and more.
- Create, maintain, and update spreadsheets and database entries. The projects you work on will involve tracking a lot of data. You’ll need to be extremely organized and disciplined about keeping the data consistent and up-to-date. Familiarly with Google spreadsheets is strongly preferred.
- Manage communications with local political groups, partner organizations, and campaigns who may be interested in connecting their candidates with our candidate services.
- Other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communicator.
- Self-starter, internally motivated.
- Progressive with an understanding of economic populism and its place in the larger progressive agenda.
- Interested in and up-to-date on news and current events.
- Lives and breathes progressive politics.
The position requires a strong work ethic, diligence and the ability to internalize instructions to meet project goals. The right candidate will know how to be flexible and creative in finding answers while still following guidelines and procedures and completing tasks on deadline.
We are looking for the type of person who reports in when they complete assignments rather than waiting for a manager to check in; who welcomes feedback and genuinely wants to do things right; who is driven by the mission and goals of the project and possesses a fierce desire to create the conditions for progressive change in the world.
This fellowship is a full-time, six-month position, and the pay is $4,000 a month with fully-paid health care benefits. The Progressive Change Campaign Committee (PCCC) is a virtual work environment, and the right candidate can be based anywhere.
Applications will be considered as they are received. To apply, please submit your resume and answers to the questions below to [email protected]. Please include your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
In lieu of a cover letter, please include short answers to the following questions (150 words or less) in your email:
- Why are you interested in this job and what makes you a good fit?
- What local candidate have you been most inspired by in the last year and why?
- What are a few characteristics you would look for in a local candidate who has applied for endorsement?
The Progressive Change Campaign Committee is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, or disability status.