The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR) works to end sexual violence and advocates for the rights and needs of sexual assault victims. In addition to Pennsylvania-specific work, PCAR operates the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) and is a partner in RALIANCE, a Washington DC-based collaborative prevention initiative. PCAR partners with a network of rape crisis programs to bring help, hope, and healing around issues of sexual violence to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. PCAR assures that communities have access to quality victim services and prevention education by providing funding, training, materials, and assistance to a network of rape crisis centers that serve all of Pennsylvania’s 67 counties. PCAR provides resources and training on sexual assault-related issues to professionals across the Commonwealth and throughout the United States. PCAR is embarking on a number of exciting changes in the near future, including an organizational name-change and re-brand; and recruiting a new CEO, upon the retirement of the current CEO in December. PCAR is looking to maximize development and fund-raising opportunities and to raise the visibility of the organization.
PCAR is seeking a consultant who has the ability to provide leadership, direction, assistance, and capacity-building with the current staff and Board of Directors. Our goal is to increase our unrestricted annual income.
- Assist with developing and implementing the PCAR annual Development Plan.
- Work closely with the Development Manager to coordinate all fundraising activities, to include an annual appeal, special events and major gifts.
- Review PCAR Development policies, practices, and procedures and recommend improvements, as needed.
- Assist with identifying and developing donors.
- Assist the Chair of the Board Development Committee with Board member involvement in fundraising activities.
- Assist with planning and implementing fundraising events.
- Identify potential foundations or corporations who may be interested in supporting PCAR’s mission.
We are looking for a consultant who has a proven track record of fundraising for nonprofits; who can assist with improving processes and identifying development strategies; and who can work collaboratively with our team. We are looking for a time commitment of approximately 12-15 hours per week on average.
PROPOSALS SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
1. Applicant name and/or agency and contact information.
2. Describe relevant expertise and experience related to development for nonprofits.
3. Describe your proposed process for assisting PCAR with Development tasks.
4. Provide your hourly fee for services.
The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR) / National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). One of our strategic goals is to become an antiracist organization. Included in this commitment is an interest in supporting, and developing partnerships with, minority-owned businesses or businesses that demonstrate measurable outcomes related to their commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
We define diversity broadly to encompass the full spectrum of humanity, taking into account demographics such as race/ethnicity; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning (LGBTQ) status; gender identity; and disabilities, among others.
Equity is promoting justice, impartiality and fairness within the procedures, processes, and distribution of resources by institutions or systems. Addressing equity issues requires an understanding of the underlying or root causes of outcome disparities within our society.
Inclusion is the degree to which diverse individuals are able to participate fully in the decision-making processes within an organization or group.
As such, please respond to the following questions:
a) Describe your strategies designed to encourage and foster diversity, equity and inclusion.
b) If your firm is a Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC)-owned, woman-owned, or LGBTQ-owned business, please indicate so and provide information on your firm’s certification and certifying agency.
c) Please provide the percentage of your firm’s total employees by race and gender.
d) Please describe if/how your firm will use BIPOC-owned, woman-owned, or LGBTQ-owned business in the proposed relationship. Please be as specific as possible.
Submit Proposals electronically to [email protected] by July 7.