Website Floridians Protecting Freedom
Put abortion on the ballot!
Floridians Protecting Freedom (FPF) is a statewide campaign of allied organizations and concerned citizens working together to protect Floridians’ access to reproductive health care and defend the right to bodily autonomy. FPF recognizes that all Floridians deserve the freedom to make personal medical decisions, free of government intrusion. Our citizen-led ballot initiative, the “Amendment to Limit Government Interference with Abortion,” seeks to further codify that right into Florida law by creating a constitutional amendment that explicitly blocks the implementation of laws that prohibit, delay, or restrict abortion access. We are looking for a Finance Director to help lead the effort to resource a multi-million dollar campaign to collect over a million petitions, place our constitutional amendment on the ballot, and ultimately pass the measure with over 60% support in November 2024.
This campaign will largely exist in two distinct phases: 1. The petition and qualifying phase and 2. The campaign and voter communication phase. During the petition and qualifying phase, from May 2023 to February 2024, the campaign will mostly focus on fundraising for and collecting 1.2 million petitions, raising money, and building campaign infrastructure. During the campaigning phase, from March to November 2024, the campaign will focus on raising money, earning media, mobilizing voters, building coalitions, and securing 60%+ support at the polls.
Candidates should have successful experience managing finance operations and donor relations for statewide issue advocacy or ballot campaigns.
The Finance Director reports to the Campaign Director of Floridians Protecting Freedom.
The Finance Director will be responsible for raising the necessary funds to support the Floridians Protecting Freedom ballot campaign. As a high-level campaign executive, they will work closely with the Campaign Director, other senior campaign staff, and the FPF Executive Committee to develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy that supports the overall campaign goals, as well as be responsible for any and all state or federal campaign finance reporting. Additionally, the Finance Director will be responsible for donor relations and donor data management.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy that supports the overall campaign goals
- Build and manage a network of donors and supporters, including individuals, institutions, interest groups, etc.
- Plan and execute fundraising events, including identifying and securing venues, managing invitations and RSVPs, coordinating with vendors, and overseeing event logistics.
- Develop fundraising materials, including any direct mail campaigns, digital fundraising appeals, and other collateral.
- In coordination with the Campaign Director, help to manage the campaign budget and ensure that funds are allocated effectively, in accordance with campaign priorities and compliance requirements.
- Oversee the surrogate call time operation. This includes the review of all donor/resolicit prospects.
- Monitor fundraising activities and regularly report on progress to senior campaign staff.
- Identify new fundraising opportunities and stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant campaign finance laws and regulations, including any and all state or federal campaign finance reporting requirements.
- Maintain positive relationships with donors, providing excellent donor relations and stewardship.
- Develop and maintain donor data management systems, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and confidentiality.
- Monitor donor trends and behaviors and provide strategic recommendations for donor cultivation and engagement.
- In collaboration with other members of the campaign team, ensure that donor information is effectively utilized for fundraising, volunteer efforts, and other campaign-related initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Affairs, Business Administration, or a related field / or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2-3 electoral cycles of experience in campaign finance, with a track record of successful fundraising in political campaigns or non-profit organizations. Previous statewide campaign finance experience is a plus.
- Strong understanding of campaign finance laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with donors, supporters, and staff at all levels.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Familiarity with fundraising software and tools, including ActBlue, donor databases, email marketing platforms, and event management software, including Every Action.
- Knowledge of donor data management practices and strategies.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to develop new fundraising approaches and initiatives.
- Floridians Protecting Freedom hopes to build a team that reflects the beautiful diversity of Florida. Black, Latinx Indigenous and People of Color encouraged to apply. Our team is committed to fighting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We encourage applicants with diverse occupational backgrounds and lived experiences to apply.
- We encourage applicants who meet most, but not necessarily all, of the requirements to still consider applying. We are a team willing to be creative and non-traditional, and we value a fiery passion for ensuring safe access to abortions above all else.
- Salary between $9,000 and $12,000 per month, based on experience.
- A health insurance stipend will be provided.
- A win bonus that is equal to one month’s salary.
- Technology and travel stipends will be provided as needed.
- This is a full-time position. The position is based in Florida and is remote, within the state.
- The Finance Director cannot work for or consult other campaigns/organizations.
- Must have personal transportation and be able to travel around Florida up to ten days a month as needed.
- Must be able to work on nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to hold this position through December 31st, 2024.
Please submit your application to our online form. You’ll see we ask for a resume, along with answers to a few application questions in lieu of a cover letter.
Floridians Protecting Freedom is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All interested individuals, including people of color, women, LGBT persons, formerly incarcerated and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This search is being supported by NRG Consulting Group. Please contact
[email protected] with any questions.