GLAD is now accepting applications for Fall 2023.
The Development Team at GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) is searching for a Special Events and Fundraising Intern to help us raise support and funds needed to secure ground-breaking legal victories, conduct policy advocacy, and educate the public on the most pressing civil rights issues impacting LGBTQ+ people and people with HIV/AIDS. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have an impact on LGBTQ+ civil rights and may be considering a career in the non-profit sector, fundraising, or event planning.
Typical projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with sponsor and donor follow-up, event planning, and logistics for GLAD’s events including regional events and Spirit of Justice Award Dinner
- Assisting with data cleanup projects and updates in GLAD’s donor database (Salesforce)
- Conducting vendor, venue, donor, and prospect research
- Thanking donors for their gifts by phone, email, and handwritten notes
- Assisting with mailings and other fundraising support as needed
- Interest in non-profit development and/or event planning
- Passion for social justice, LGBTQ+ and HIV+ rights, and racial and economic justice
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to ask questions, as well as the ability to take direction
- Working well independently and as part of a small team
- Showing initiative and follow-through in a dynamic environment
- Familiarity with Salesforce or Microsoft Office Suite a plus
This is a part-time 200-hour minimum internship with a stipend and an expected start date in September and end date in December. This is a hybrid position with some required in-office hours at our office in Boston, attendance at GLAD’s Spirit of Justice event in November, and the option to work from home for a portion of time.
GLAD requires all staff, volunteers, and interns working in GLAD’s office, at events, or engaging in any in-person work on GLAD’s behalf to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
GLAD is dedicated to building a diverse staff, and one that is committed to equity and opportunity for all. GLAD strongly encourages applications from transgender people, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and people with HIV/AIDS.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: Renae Paulson (they/them), Development Assistant, at [email protected].