Website Texas Democratic Party
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking an organized and enthusiastic professional to be our Primary Administration Clerk for the 2024 Democratic Primary Election. The Primary Administration Clerk would assist the Voter Protection Team with collecting, organizing and processing data and funds related to candidate filings and will then transition to lead the team on processing and transferring data related to the administration of the primaries. This is a position based in Austin, Texas. The Primary Administration Clerk will report to the Deputy Director of Primary Administration and work closely with the Voter Protection Department.
This position is full-time through June 2024. Based on performance and funding permitting, we would expect this person to remain on the Voter Protection Team in another role through the end of the election cycle in December 2024.
Duties would include:
- Accepts, organizes and archives candidate applications.
- Manages digital filing system for candidate applications and voter protection volunteer operations
- Intakes candidate filing fees
- Keeps track of primary administration expenditures in Google Sheets
- Organize receipts, filing fees, etc. for reconciliation
- Assist the Primary Election Administration Team with reviewing and accepting candidate applications and following up with county elections officials to ensure contracts are executed.
- Importing, exporting and transferring data between platforms
- Updating website with county and state information
- Other Primary Administration tasks, as assigned
- A positive attitude and willingness to pitch in when needed
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to learn new computer software and data platforms
- Detail oriented
- Must be a demonstrated team player
- Eligible to become a notary public in the state of Texas. You do not need to be a notary already, but you must be willing to become one upon hiring and meet the eligibility requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a resident of the state of Texas
- Not be convicted of a felony or a crime that involves moral turpitude that has not been dismissed or discharged by law
Start Date: November 1, 2023
Employment Type: Full-Time, Cycle-based
Location: Austin, TX
Salary: $4,000/month + Employee’s health insurance premiums fully covered
How to apply:
Please click here and fill out the form to apply for this position.