NOW HIRING: Operations Coordinator
New Era Colorado Foundation and New Era Colorado Action Fund is seeking a full-time Operations Coordinator to:
- Support financial and human resources systems
- Coordinate organizational logistics
- Manage administrative tasks
- Maintain office organization and equipment
- Provide special project support and coordination
To apply for this position
Follow this link to apply for this role. Resume and cover letter required.
The priority deadline to apply is October 6, 2023 with a preferred start date of November 13, 2023, but this position will be open until filled and will be removed from our website once filled (if the posting is still up, you can and should still apply!). No phone calls please.
About New Era Colorado:
New Era is nationally recognized for its work in voter access, registration, and voter turnout. Since our founding in 2006, we’ve registered more than 250,000 young people to vote and consistently turn out those registrants at one of the highest rates in the country. In 2021 we started to deepen our work on multi-issue organizing, and launched a new Strategic Plan for the organization in 2022. That same year we also launched our policy platform, the Youth Agenda, which defines our issue work areas and the young people’s policy demands.
New Era is creating a youth movement that fights for a common vision of the world: one that centers equality, prosperity, love, and joy. A vision where everyone is treated fairly, has their basic needs met, and can thrive. Young people are the most impacted by the challenges and issues we face today and have the capacity to dream bigger, designing the solutions towards this future. And yet, young people are often shut out from the halls of power and ignored by elected officials. That’s why at New Era, we organize young people to participate in the political process, develop as leaders, and find a political home.
About the position:
New Era’s next Operations Coordinator will manage New Era’s administration to meet our organizational goals so that we can build political power for young Coloradans while advancing the Youth Agenda forward!
In this role, you’ll ensure our office environments are fully functional, receive and process incoming financial contributions, and manage aspects of our behind the scenes procedures and daily operations. This role is critical to supporting our full team and organization to win on the Youth Agenda.
This is a great career opportunity for a detail-oriented, self-starter who is eager to grow their operations skills. If you’re very comfortable using Excel/Google Spreadsheets, you’re a systems thinker with a strong attention to detail, and you can juggle lots of moving pieces and requests at once, we strongly encourage you to apply!
The Operations Coordinator reports to the Finance & Operations Director and is responsible for:
- Managing New Era’s offices, supplies and equipment to keep our organization functioning | Manage the day-to-day running of the office spaces including phone, mail, and office supplies. Ensure our regional teams are set-up and have the supplies they need.
- Support New Era’s financial systems | Process regular contributions through our systems so that everything is correctly tracked and our donors are appropriately thanked. Assist with recurring financial activities such as credit card receipts, timesheets, reimbursements, check processing, donor acknowledgements, and bill pay.
- Coordinate staff-wide logistics to support and celebrate our team | Lead on the logistics of staff-wide events such as retreats and support in planning staff celebrations.
- Support New Era’s human resources processes | Maintain employment files, support with hiring, onboarding, offboarding, and benefits administration as needed.
- Provide logistical support on staff projects as needed | Support the team with scheduling, purchasing and vendor research, donor research and prospecting, event logistics, etc. as needed.
- Maintain New Era’s electronic organizational systems | Ensure the organization’s electronic documents are secure, organized and updated for ease of use and access for Operations and Executive teams.
What We’re Looking For:
- High organization & attention to detail: You have strong systems to stay organized so that you can drive work forward and complete tasks and projects. You are detail-oriented and have the skills to manage things with efficiency and accuracy.
- A proactive and resourceful problem solver: You are always looking for ways to plug in to streamline systems and support our staff so that they can be awesome in their roles. You are solutions-oriented, meaning you propose ideas and take initiative to research an answer to a problem. You’re a bit scrappy—always working to get a great deal and maximize our budget.
- Time management skills: You can manage multiple projects with many moving parts while balancing competing priorities and using your time effectively.
- Ability to manage confidential information: You are able to handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Commitment to anti-racism and equity: You have a deep investment in New Era’s anti-racism and equity work and are committed to support the organization through its growth. You are committed to learning the intersection between anti-racism and operations so that our operations are centered in these practices.
- Commitment to New Era’s mission: You are passionate about the work New Era does to engage young people in the political process and believe in the power of peer-to-peer organizing. You believe in the power of young people, grassroots organizing, and policy change.
Preferred but not required:
- Comfort with spreadsheets and a strong interest in numbers: You have experience with Excel and/or Google Spreadsheets (we use Google for the most part, but Excel skills will translate well), and are comfortable teaching yourself new ways to use spreadsheets.
Note: We recognize that the right candidate may have different backgrounds and related talents that demonstrate the qualities and skills necessary to be successful in this role and encourage you to apply if you feel you have what it takes!
Position Details, Compensation and Benefits
This role will include in-person work, requires a valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle, and the ability to occasionally lift up to 25lbs in association with office management duties. The position is based out of New Era’s Boulder or Denver offices with an expectation of traveling to either office location as needed. New Era Colorado is committed to the safety of our employees and requires proof of full vaccination status for all employees unless a religious or medical accommodation is granted. If you have any questions about our safety protocols please contact us at [email protected].
This is a permanent, full-time, non-exempt position that is part of a bargaining unit exclusively represented by the Denver Newspaper Guild. Salary is $25.48/hour, equivalent to $53,000 annualized. The target start date for this role is November 13, 2023.
Benefits include healthcare (medical, dental, and vision; employer pays 85% of the premium), $300 annual wellness stipend, minimum $250 annual professional development funds, SIMPLE IRA with 3% employer match, $600 annual tech stipend, RTD Ecopass, generous holiday, vacation, and sick time, eight week paid sabbatical eligibility after four years of employment, and paid parental and family leave benefits.
This position will be open until filled. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis. New Era Colorado Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all, and strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, immigrants, refugees and members of the LGBTQ community to apply. We do not require formal education. We encourage you to submit your application if this job excites you!