Website Asian American Federation
About Asian American Federation (AAF):
Established in 1989, AAF is a leading advocacy organization that voices the concerns of 1.5 million Asian Americans in New York City. Collaborating with 70 community-based organizations, AAF focuses on policies, services, and funding to enhance justice and opportunity. The organization addresses critical issues such as community safety, mental health, economic empowerment, immigrant integration, and civic engagement.
AAF is seeking a full-time Controller with extensive nonprofit sector accounting experience. Reporting to the Deputy Director and overseeing one accountant, the Controller will be responsible for maintaining accurate financial records, implementing efficient accounting processes, and ensuring compliance with accounting principles.
Prepare financial statements and lead the annual audit.
Review gifts and grants for proper accounting and spending compliance.
Maintain current knowledge of GAAP, federal and state policies, and accounting changes.
Execute day-to-day accounting processes and financial reporting.
Collaborate with departmental directors on program budgets and monitor revenues and expenditures.
Provide monthly reports on budget versus actuals and updated year-end projections.
Supervise cash flow management and enforce internal controls.
Coach and oversee the performance of the staff accountant.
Review general ledger transactions and make necessary adjustments.
Candidate Profile: The ideal candidate possesses:
- 7+ years of relevant experience, including senior financial roles in nonprofits.
- Strong financial analytical skills and knowledge of nonprofit financial accounting.Experience with QuickBooks Online and cloud-based accounting systems.
- Exceptional detail orientation and time management skills.
- Alignment with AAF’s values of policy advocacy, public awareness, and nonprofit support.
- Familiarity with the City of New York Health and Human Services Cost Policies and Procedures (a plus).
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent; preference for candidates pursuing a Master’s degree.
Requirements: All new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability is granted and approved.
Compensation & Benefits: Based in New York City with a hybrid work environment. Salary: $100,000 to $105,000, commensurate with experience.
Comprehensive benefits: 100% employee health care, dental and vision coverage, disability insurance, commuter benefits, 403(b) plan, and generous paid time off.
To apply for this job please visit diversifiedsearchgroup.com.