Website The Hub Project
Reports to: Senior Campaign Director
Status: Full-time; Exempt
Location: Washington, DC
Salary Range: $85,000-$105,000
About The Hub
Launched in 2016, The Hub is a nonprofit effort made up of a growing team of communications, research, and organizing experts with extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, polling, and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy. We make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to creating an environment where people from all backgrounds can participate, grow, and succeed in our organization. We believe we have a duty to use our power and privilege to contribute to transformational change to ensure our government is working for everyone and that all families have a fair shot.
The Associate Director of Democracy Campaigns will play a critical role in supporting the development and execution of a new democracy program focused on Republican accountability. In this role, you will work closely with the Senior Campaign Director to develop the campaign strategy, execute day-to-day elements of the plan, drive forward campaign actions, manage rapid response efforts, and project manages daily work across interdisciplinary internal teams and external partners.
This is a significant leadership role at The Hub Project. The Associate Campaign Director will help lead a team of passionate and talented staff from across the organization to create dynamic and effective issue advocacy campaigns.
As Associate Director of Democracy Campaigns, you will:
● Support the creation of national and in-district issue advocacy campaign plans and drive forward the day-to-day execution of said plans
● Build, sustain, and strengthen relationships with external stakeholders and partners to help build coalitions, gather and share insights, and develop a network of campaign validators
● Collaborate with the Hub’s Communications, Research, Fedex, and Digital Teams to ensure that partners and consultants have critical messaging and resources to help amplify the objectives of our democracy campaigns
● Maintain a strong pulse on political news and relevant democracy issues to help identify rapid response and other organizing opportunities
● Play a central role in coordinating direct actions, mobilizations, and other organizing tactics for the campaign
● Interview, hire, and manage external consultants to support our issue advocacy work both nationally and in states
● Support the operations of the democracy campaign team by helping manage budgets, finalize contracts, coordinate with operational vendors and teams, archive campaign assets, set meeting agendas, organize campaign needs, and more
● Help to translate polling and other research into communications plans and materials for
● Work closely with the paid team to oversee the development, execution, and evaluation of advertising paid programs on TV, radio, mail, and digital platforms
● Approve materials, messaging, and social content for campaigns
● Perform other duties as assigned
This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit; specific employment terms and conditions are subject to labor-management negotiations and a potential Collective Bargaining Agreement.
What We’re Looking For
We’re seeking candidates who excel in relationship building, are detail-oriented, and have strong project management skills. To be successful in this role, you will need:
● A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
● A demonstrated commitment to a just and inclusive economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to everyone and preserves and strengthens our democracy
● Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, specifically marginalized communities, in considering the impact and outcomes of decision-making
● Experience maintaining discretion and confidentiality with information and in handling relationships
● Strong written and oral communication skills
What We Offer
Salary offers are commensurate with experience. The Hub Project provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to:
● 100% employer paid medical, vision, and dental premiums for employee, spouse, and dependent(s)
● Three% automatic 401k employer contribution plus an additional 3% employer match on 401k contributions – fully vested on the first day of employment
● A Health Reimbursement Account to subsidize co-pay, prescription, and other medical costs
● Generous PTO policy including paid holidays, vacation, sick and volunteer time off
● Monthly Tech Connectivity and Wellness stipend
COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, The Hub requires that any employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are expected to report to work in person; all individuals entering the Hub offices will be asked to produce vaccination documentation for entrance to the premises. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at [email protected]
How to apply
To begin the application process, click “Apply For This Job.” This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.