Website The Hub Project
Reports to: Associate Director, Polling & Analytics
Location: Washington, DC [Remote through December 2021]
Status: Full-time; Exempt – This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit; specific employment terms and conditions are subject to labor-management negotiations and a potential Collective Bargaining Agreement
Salary range: $45,000-$52,000
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a growing team of communicators, researchers, and organizers with experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups to build creative and effective campaigns.
We’re looking for an Associate, Polling and Analytics to support a robust public opinion research and analytics pipeline managed by The Hub Project.
Our team develops and executes measurement plans through polling and analytics to strategically inform progressive campaigns across the entire organization, all of which are dedicated to producing a more just and inclusive economy and society. We develop products that range from internal analyses to products for public release. This position will report to the Associate Director, Polling & Analytics and work in tandem to carry out this work and identify ways to continue expanding our analytical capacity.
You’ll be someone who follows trends in public opinion and is able to analyze and report on them to our team and partners across the progressive movement. You’ll have experience in a support role of managing survey research and/or modeling and targeting programs from beginning to end and will work under the direction of the Associate Director, Polling & Analytics to administer the Navigator Research Project. You’ll also coordinate day-to-day relationships with external consultants and assist with data and information sharing with key partners that we frequently work with.
As Polling & Analytics Associate, you will:
- Maintain awareness of key public opinion trends and communicate them to internal teams both to inform campaign strategies and to help determine plans of action for future research.
- Operate under the guidance and direction of the Associate Director, Data and Analytics Manager and/or external consultants for drafting requests for proposal, discussion guides, survey instruments, data analysis, and written or graphical reports.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with polling and modeling vendors.
- Collaborate with our communications team to review documents (e.g., press releases, media advisories, op-eds) related to Navigator Research or other publicly released research.
- Provide support for programs geared toward targeting or program measurement of other internal campaign operations.
- Work with the Associate Director and Data and Analytics Manager to continue expansion of The Hub Project’s capacity for advanced quantitative assessment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You’ve worked in survey research and/or analytics before, preferably with a research supplier, market research organization, or a media outlet.
- You’ve provided support to all parts of the research lifecycle for survey research projects.
- You’re extremely organized and pays close attention to detail.
- You’re familiar and comfortable adapting data into key findings and strategic recommendations.
- You are committed to a just and inclusive economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans and passionate about preserving and strengthening our democracy.
- You have experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator and have the ability to present to diverse audiences.
- You’re well-versed in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
- You have experience with statistical software packages, such as SPSS, STATA, or R.
- You have experience working with voter files, particularly TargetSmart or Catalist.
- You have experience with querying tools (e.g., SQL) or modeling development.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
COVID-19 Safety Considerations
We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19. However, this position is based in Washington, DC and candidates will be expected to relocate to work in person when determined by the project. (Safety remains our top priority and we continue to follow CDC guidance.)
How to apply
To begin the application process, click “Apply For This Job.” This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.