Buncombe County Government
Buncombe County is a caring community in harmony with its environment where citizens succeed, thrive, and realize their potential. Our mission is to promote a healthy, safe, well-educated, and thriving community with a sustainable quality of life; to provide effective and efficient government our citizens can trust; and to deliver needed service through a responsive work force committed to excellence, integrity, and teamwork.
This position will oversee Quality Assurance for all Public Health programs conducted by Buncombe County Public Health. Knowledge of Public Health policy and requirements, including the NCLHD accreditation process, is required for any applicant.
Purpose of the position:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide oversight of the Quality Assurance program to ensure compliance with federal and state requirements and assist with the improvement of quality service delivery for clients.
Minimum Education, Training and/or Experience:
Master’s degree in psychology, social work, education, health, business administration or related human service field and at least two (2) years of experience in the direct practice or administration of human services or public health; or a bachelor’s degree in one of the fields listed above and three (3) years of experience as indicated above; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Additional Training and Experience: None
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation: Not Applicable
Essential Functions of the position:
- Ensure consistency in the identified QA review process and in the application of policy/procedures from a programmatic standpoint.
Participate, assure, and sustain the model of Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Personnel Management: Hire, develop, evaluate performance, and provide feedback and disciplinary action as needed; develop and maintain a positive teamwork environment; provide effective, clear and timely communication.
- Remain abreast of policy changes across all applicable programs and ensure that staff understand State, local, and Federal codes, mandates, laws and rules pertaining to assigned program(s).
- Assure review tools/data collection methods are established and integrated into the appropriate program areas.
- Coordinate/lead federal, state, local and/or internal audits, including responding to findings.
- Perform special projects associated with agency priorities as needed.
Ensure staff understand the scope of programs and manage relationships within the agency so that teams and employees can successfully work with other departments across Buncombe County to achieve common objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of quality assurance program practices, planning and development of assessment tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of the principles of supervision and organizing teams and workflow.
- Knowledge of policies, rules and statutes that govern assigned program(s), including thorough knowledge of all relevant manual materials and all associated systems.
- Ability to develop recommendations to solve problems in identified program service area.
- Ability to provide technical assistance, consultation to staff.
Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in interpreting and applying quality standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn the program area of assignment and all agency programs and services which could affect the client/applicant.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with state and local agency individuals.
- Ability to analyze and comprehend a variety of technical and administrative regulation, records, and reports.
- Skill in observing, listening and communicating.
Department:Health and Human Services
Location: Asheville, NC
Job Posting End Date: August 07, 2022
Salary Range: $69,337.23 – $85,227.03
Buncombe County Government realizes the importance of a diverse professional workforce and the need to foster a responsive and innovative organizational culture, one that fully engages all of our employees, honoring and building on each employee’s unique experiences, opinions, and perspective.
It is the policy of Buncombe County to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected class under federal or NC State law. In addition the Agency expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment or discrimination.
Applicants for employment are invited to participate in the affirmative action program by reporting their status as a protected veteran or other minority. In extending this invitation, we advise you that: (a) workers (applicants) are under no obligation to respond but may do so in the future if they choose; (b) responses will remain confidential within the human resource department; and (c) responses will be used only for the necessary information to include in our affirmative action program. We are a company that values diversity. We actively encourage women, minorities, veterans and disabled employees to apply. Refusal to provide this information will have no bearing on your application and will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
To apply for this job please visit buncombecounty.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.