Website DallasDemocrats Dallas County Democratic Party
About the Dallas County Democratic Party
Our diverse county serves 2.6 million people across 900 square miles. In the 2022 election cycle, the Dallas County Democratic Party (DCDP) raised $2.2 million and disbursed over $2 million to protect and elect Democrats. Our work is year-round, and our programs will focus on achieving the goals of our vision statement.
The vision statement of the DCDP is:
1. We run qualified, charismatic, and experienced Democratic candidates in every race
2. We overcome voter suppression tactics and turn out every eligible Democratic voter in Dallas County
3. We develop a stellar pipeline of leadership for the Party as candidates, precinct chairs, volunteers, and donors across all Democrats representing the diversity of our party, and
4. We confidently and consistently communicate our message and counter Republican misinformation through social media and the press.
About the opportunity
The DCDP is seeking an Executive Director (ED). In partnership with the elected Chair, the ED is the senior leader of our organization and is responsible for developing the strategic plan, activities, management and growth of the DCDP. This critical role will lead through a strong combination of strategy, operations skills and fundraising.
This position reports to the elected Chair.
● Collaborate with the elected Chair to develop and execute an annual fundraising and operations strategic plan and operating budget
● Build and supervise a talented staff team and a dynamic, exciting workplace culture
● Supervise the Coordinated Campaign
● Supervise the Primary Election and candidate filing process
● Develop and maintain key relationships with volunteers, donors, key community groups, elected officials and candidates
● In partnership with the elected chair and key volunteers, develop and execute a precinct chair calendar and monthly execution tools, to recruit and retain a vibrant and active slate of precinct chairs in every precinct
● Oversee programs and all aspects of program implementation
● Develop key performance metrics to ensure programs and activities meet DCDP outreach, leadership development and fundraising objectives
● Consistently reporting to donors on progress towards the strategic plan, fundraising program and financial objectives
● Supervise, coach and support volunteers with regard to workplace culture, policy and procedures
● Serve as a resource for issues solving among elected officials, candidates, volunteers, precinct chairs, and donor issues, community relations, and emergency management
● Other duties as assigned
Who are you?
The ideal candidate will be experienced in development and implementation of a strategic plan, a leader with both a professional and volunteer staff, an experienced political operative, highly organized and a problem solver. They will be a passionate promoter of Democratic values. A familiarity with the Texas political landscape is preferred.
● At least 2 cycles of working in a paid role as executive staff on an electoral or issue advocacy campaign or party
● Demonstrated experience managing staff and volunteers
● Demonstrated experience creating and implementing a strategic plan
● Experience using NGP/VAN
● Preferred experience managing RFP processes
● Experience managing relationships with principal candidates and elected officials
● Ability to read and translate polling data
● Preferred experience participating in aligned and allied tables
● Effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks in a fast- paced environment
● Demonstrated ability to be flexible and able to adapt quickly to meet project needs
● Preference for experience as a fundraiser
● Strong competency with all digital platforms
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Experience in Texas politics a plus
Applicants must live in North Texas or agree to move to the area upon hiring. Preference given to applicants who can work in office. Applicants must have the ability to travel to events and meetings in the North Texas area and must have a valid driver’s license.
The salary range for this role is $110,000 – $140,000 and is commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and their resume to [email protected] Interviews will be conducted until the position is filled.
The Dallas County Democratic Party is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age, marital status or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org