Deputy Research Director
The Texas Democratic Party is currently seeking applications for Deputy Research Director
- This role will build or assist building research books, provide rapid response research and messaging support, and as
- Candidates should have previous experience in political research or law.
- The Deputy Research Director must be detail-oriented, politically savvy, and motivated to elect Texas Democrats up and down the ballot.
- The Deputy Research Director will report directly to the Research Director.
- The position is full-time, remote, and cycle only.
- Build research books to support Texas Democratic candidates
- Work with Communications team to fact-check and build press releases and advertisements
- Monitor news and social media and organize into bullets and clips
- Vet new hires and other individuals
- Additional duties as assigned by the Research Director.
- At least one cycle of political research experience or a JD
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines at once
- Experience team building and motivating team members
- Highly motivated and committed to electing Democrats in Texas
- Legal experience preferred
- Experience managing staff or interns strongly preferred
- Familiarity with research tools such as LexisNexis or Vigilant/Ilumis and public records databases strongly preferred
- Track record of political research success
As soon as possible
Must be able to start on or before July 15
Employment Type: Cycle
How to apply:txdem.co/apply-drd