Website National Nurses United
Digital Content Coordinator
California Nurses Association/National Nurses United (CNA/NNU) seeks an experienced Digital Content Coordinator with a commitment to social justice. The ideal candidate will have professional experience in communications and be knowledgeable in labor, social, and political issues.
CNA/NNU is the nation’s largest union and professional association of direct care registered nurses, with more than 175,000 members from all 50 states. We are a strong, progressive voice for nurses, patients, and health care workers around the world.
We are seeking a like-minded and experienced digital professional to join our Communications team as a Digital Content Coordinator to support the management of our email, web, peer-to-peer texting, and social media communications with CNA/NNU members.
- In collaboration with the Communications team and other stakeholders, develop compelling content that moves CNA/NNU members and supporters to action by drafting and editing email messages, website content, peer-to-peer texting scripts, social media and ad copy, and other digital creative.
- Implement and launch email messages using email management software, including the quality assurance process and audience selection.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis of email message performance, list health, and deliverability. Make data-driven recommendations for program improvements.
- Support the management of the NNU website using a content management system, to include daily publishing of timely content as well as long-term projects.
- Build, test, and deploy online action pages, surveys, donation forms, and other online forms in support of advocacy and awareness campaigns.
- Work with customer relationship management tools to maintain membership lists.
- Work closely with staff in other departments to plan and implement short-term peer-to-peer texting campaigns to engage with members.
- Provide training and support for staff users of peer-to-peer texting tools.
- Provide strategic input on web, email, peer-to-peer texting, social media, digital ads, and other digital campaigns with the rest of the Communications team.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies and apply them relevant to organizational goals.
- Regular work from office base in either Oakland, or Glendale
- Other duties as assigned by the NNU Communications Director.
Two years’ full-time experience in professional website support, email program management, or other relevant digital content management.
Experience with content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress.
Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, familiarity with SQL a plus.
Experience building new data management/hygiene and tracking systems is a plus.
Experience with online organizing tools such as ActionKit is a plus.
Working knowledge and ability to work with a variety of image and video file formats.
Experience with web analytics is a plus.
Good grasp of grammar and attention to detail; ability to copy edit a plus.
Good sense of design and the ability to follow branding guidelines.
Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and create solutions for long-term needs.
Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to function well as part of a team, and equally comfortable running with solo tasks.
Willingness to work hours and schedule as needed to complete projects and support organizational campaigns.
The anticipated salary range and anticipated pay scale for this position is $96,282 – $177,967. The anticipated starting salary is $96,282- $124,813. Excellent benefits with a generous pension plan. Full family health coverage.
Please submit résumé, cover letter, and three samples of digital content (email, web, peer-to-peer texting script, social media or ad creative, etc.) you’ve drafted.
Submit your résumé , cover letter and samples
Please be sure to fill out the one page online application to submit samples
Please, no calls.
NNU is committed to equal opportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, religions, and other characteristics. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.nationalnursesunited.org.