Website EMILY's List
EMILY’s List the nation’s largest resource for women in politics
Reports to: Email Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
Union Position: Yes
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for an Email Coordinator to join our Digital team. The Email Coordinator will work alongside digital team members to create sharp, thoughtful, and engaging email content. They will be responsible for drafting, editing, and sending fundraising emails and helping develop and execute both long and short-term content testing.
At EMILY’s List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILY’s List.
Essential Job Functions
- Draft creative, timely, and inspiring email content that drives our supporters to donate;
- Manage the email production process for assigned emails from start to finish, including drafting, editing, running approvals, set up, segmentation, and testing;
- Help brainstorm new email angles and testing strategies, as well as creative content for our other digital channels;
- Help create an optimized user experience every step of the way, including drafting, testing, and building landing pages;
- Serve as lunch hour back-up and break relief for the front desk as needed once the office reopens;
- Other projects as assigned.
- Evening and weekend work will be expected on an as-needed basis, especially during key fundraising deadlines.
- Candidates should have at least one year of email writing experience.
- Experience on a political campaign or writing for a political candidate or organization is preferred but not required;
- Candidates must possess a basic understanding of email fundraising best practices;
- Candidates must also demonstrate excellent attention to consistency and detail and be able to adapt their writing style to multiple voices;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and relational skills are critical to success;
- Experience working with a CRM or mailer like Blue State Digital, EveryAction, ActionKit, or Salsa is preferred;
- All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary for this position is $54,000 to $58,700 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization.
To apply, please submit your application via our job portal: EMILY’s List – Email Coordinator
Applications received by 10/8/2021 will be given priority. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. All positions are currently working remotely due to the pandemic.
About EMILY’s List
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $700 million to elect Democratic pro-choice women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running nearly $50 million in independent expenditures in the last cycle alone, and turning out women voters and voters of color to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 158 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and more than 1,300 women to state and local office. More than 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. After the 2016 election, more than 60,000 women reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state, and national offices. In our effort to elect more women in offices across the country, we have created our Run to Win program, expanded our training program, including a Training Center online, and trained thousands of women.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.