Website The Hub Project
Reports To: Executive Director
Status: Full time; Non-exempt (remote through 2021)
Location: Washington, DC
Launched in 2016, The Hub is a growing nonprofit effort made up of a team of communications, research, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
The Executive Assistant will provide critical support to the Hub’s Executive Director. This person is responsible for providing overall administrative support to the Executive Director and ensuring that the Executive Director is fully prepared to run our organization every day. The Executive Assistant provides materials, agendas, background information and takes on special projects in order to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the office of the Executive Director.
As the Executive Assistant to the Executive Director you will…
- Work synchronously with the Executive Director to manage and maintain the Executive Director’s calendar, activities and various special assignments, including scheduling travel and conferences, making and updated appointments
- Manage email inboxes and executive correspondence by reading and analyzing submissions, letters, agendas, memos and determining significance and routing to appropriate personnel in a timely and efficient manner
- Draft emails and memos and other documents for the Executive Director
Prepare and distribute agendas, reports and other key documents and collect and analyze information for meetings
- Attend meetings and memorialize discussions, coordinate follow up materials and report out action items
- Collaborate with the Executive Support Team (made up of two Special Assistants) to coordinate events and meetings with partners organizations, independent consultants and key individuals
- Provide mentorship and coaching to Executive Support Team members to help support their career development
- Work closely with the Executive Support Team to coordinate and manage logistics
- Manage, track, and analyze expenses, procurement and administrative records of the Executive Director
- Support the Executive Director’s on special projects especially related to event planning, management support, and external stakeholder meetings
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- You have 3 to 5 years of demonstrated, relevant work experience ideally in working in C-suite environment
- You are well practised managing up, highly organized, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment and working under tight deadlines
- You have strong interpersonal skills and and are comfortable collaborating with a team while taking ownership of your piece of a project
- You are flexible with a penchant for problem solving and thinking on your feet
- You can easily balance between quickly responding to requests and questions while working on longer-term projects
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator, eager to dive in and tackle whatever obstacle crosses your path
- You have experience navigating confidential relationships with Executive Team members and handling highly sensitive personnel and/or funding information with tact.
- You are proficient with GSuite and Microsoft Office suite including Powerpoint, Excel and Google Slides and you understand are proficient at creating and maintaining systems and spreadsheets
- You are committed to a just and inclusive economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans and passionate about preserving and strengthening our democracy
- You have experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
COVID-19 Safety Considerations
We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19. However, this position is based in Washington, DC and candidates will be expected to relocate to work in person when determined by the project. (Safety remains our top priority and we continue to follow CDC guidance.)
How to apply
To begin the application process, click “Apply For This Job.” This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.