Website Freedom Forum
Position: Director of Events
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Chief of Engagement/Sr. VP
Location: Washington, D.C.
This position is a key member of the Engagement Team tasked with planning and executing signature annual events for the Freedom Forum. This position is responsible for planning and delivering high-impact events designed to build-on institutional mission, vision, and partnership priorities.
- Plan and produce creative and engaging signature events annually including:
- Annual Free Expression Awards gala program and Gridiron Club Dinner after-party reception; assist with select events including the annual First Amendment Festival.
- Oversee creative and logistics planning for internal Freedom Forum programmatic events.
- Execute events that heighten awareness of the Freedom Forum and the First Amendment in ways that honor and promote the vision to foster First Amendment freedoms for all.
- Conceive and develop events that will inspire creative engagement with both existing and new audiences, collaborating and coordinating with in-house teams and external partners.
- Oversee creative planning and logistics for events including venue/space booking, scheduling, staffing, catering including menu and décor rentals, registration, contracts, payment, talent support, and vendor relationships.
- Manage content provided for event production including scripts, graphics, videos to ensure on-time delivery and continuity.
- Advise on design of event promotional materials and work with designer to execute.
- Create and oversee event production schedules and run-of-show.
- Executive produce events including run-of-show, rehearsals, technical and A/V checks.
- Collaborate with colleagues in all areas to successfully plan and produce events.
- Execute events on-time and on-budget.
- Prioritize diversity, inclusion and non-partisanship in the overall content and focus.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) credential required.
- 10+ years’ experience planning events.
- Proven track record of executing high-level events for large and small audiences.
- Ability to plan strategically with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to develop, plan and implement short and long-range goals.
- Solution oriented approach to planning and problem solving.
- Capacity to use independent judgment to manage and convey critical information.
- Flexibility and ability to work effectively independently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, weekends, and some evenings.
- Some travel is required.
Salary Range: $125,000-$134,000
Location: Washington, D.C.
The deadline to apply is June 22, 2023. This search is being run by NRG Consulting Group. Please feel free to share with your networks. Reach out to us at [email protected] with any questions.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: Our Unique Differences Are Our Greatest Strength
Diversity is an integral part of the Freedom Forum’s history ̶ and it is vital to our future. Our founder, Al Neuharth, championed the hiring and promotion of women and minorities across the country as chair and CEO of Gannett. His legacy lives on at the Freedom Forum, where we are committed to creating an environment where everyone across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, sexual identity, religion, physical ability and life experience is respected, valued, encouraged and supported. Diversity fuels inclusion. Everyone offers a unique perspective; we welcome yours.
The Freedom Forum is committed to an ethical workplace, and our code of ethics reflects this commitment by promoting integrity, innovation, inclusivity, collaboration, accountability, respect and engagement. Competitive benefits include health, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as paid time off and a 401(k) Plan.
The Freedom Forum is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com