Girl Scouts of Nation's Capital
Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital is the largest Girl Scout Council in the country. It provides girls in grades K-12 with opportunities to learn new skills, make friends, and discover the power of girls together. We’re the preeminent leadership development organization for girls.
Your Next Challenge
We are looking for a Corporate and Foundation Officer to research, write, submit, and track funding proposals to support all aspects of Girl Scouting, from programs and operations to capital needs. This person seeks grants from prospects and long-term, established funders. The annual goal for this position is $1 million and is expected to grow each year by a minimum of $150,000.
- Work with the director to steward and cultivate existing funders.
- Identify new prospective foundations and corporations by implementing engagement strategies to support revenue growth.
- Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals and reports.
- Write clear compelling proposals, tailored to specific GSCNC’s needs and interests that meet the funders’ strategic goals.
- Secure five to six-figure grants to support GSCNC’s mission.
- Monitor funded proposals, prepare grant reports as directed, and manage grants calendar to include other departments as appropriate.
- Build and maintain a robust tracking system of regional grant opportunities and collaborate with the Finance department and other departments on developing proposals and funder reports.
- Collaborate with senior staff in the writing, reviewing, and editing of other development-related materials and/or reports.
- Participate and staff board fund-raising committees.
- Solicit corporate funding specifically for events and other fundraising initiatives.
- Oversee donor recognition efforts, participate in funder meetings, and assist with council updates.
- Maintain knowledge about industry trends that may be relevant to GSCNC’s work and mission.
- Serve as an advocate for GSCNC in the greater community.
- Participate in a culture of learning related to the field of philanthropy
- 3+ years of development and/or grant writing experience, including some knowledge related to program design and outcomes.
- Experience successfully securing funding from both corporations and foundations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent related work experience.
- Experience working with Donor Perfect software or other CRM databases used for fundraising purposes.
- Highly energetic professional with a proven track record and talent for building relationships and managing a pipeline of foundations and corporations, giving from $25,000 up to 6-digit gifts.
- Excellent writing and editing skills to ensure all grant proposals and reports are produced at the highest quality.
- Ability to prepare and manage a budget and resources.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Familiarity or experience with online grant submission platforms.
- Strong sense of storytelling to highlight the impact of GSCNC’s work.
- Intellectual curiosity and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational skills with meticulous attention to both details and deadlines.
- Strong research and analytical skills to identify prospective donors and develop successful cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship engagement strategies.
- Ability to work independently; strong diplomatic skills and experience engaging stakeholders, building consensus, and bringing diverse groups together throughout the process.
The preferred location for this position is the Washington, D.C., metro area. After three months of employment, the candidate will be eligible to work remotely 2-days a week. 100% employer-paid HMO for employees (dependent coverage, POS, dental/vision available).
Expected hiring range: $65,000 – $70,000. Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s special skills, years of experience, and unique background. We welcome the opportunity to connect with potential candidates whose salary requirement exceeds the expected hiring range.
DRiWaterstone is leading this search for Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital. To learn more and apply, please visit: https://waterstonehc.com/driwaterstonehc/position/gsnc-corporation-and-foundation-officer.