Website Global Center for Gender Equality
Global Center for Gender Equality
Position Title: Program Assistant
Location: Fully Remote, US Based Required
Reports to: Senior Program Manager
Hours per week (average): 40
To move GCfGE’s work forward, we are seeking a Program Assistant (PA) to provide administrative and operational support to our projects. We are looking for a highly organized self-starter who is enthusiastic, motivated, and can adapt to different working styles and needs. The position will work within the Operations Team to support the Center’s project portfolio with, calendaring, communications, and other administrative support. The successful candidate will bring their lived experiences to the table and need to work with little daily supervision and must be able to take initiative in all tasks.
You will fall in love with this role if you are excited to do important work in the international development space alongside colleagues and an organization that is people-first and pushing the envelope in the sector. This role is a great opportunity for someone who is open and eager to explore new ways of working, new processes, new systems, and help build this with their colleagues.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Support the Operations team in monitoring resources and processes (e.g., initiating and processing consultant contracts and invoices, maintaining relevant dashboards, updating documentation, etc.).
- Respond to external and internal operations- related inquiries and determine and take appropriate action as required.
- Provide note taking support.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) and resolve calendaring conflicts.
- Engage with external consultants to initiate contracts, support invoicing, and troubleshoot any challenges.
- Coordinate production with design consultants (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations and reports.
- Arrange travel and provide reimbursement support for staff and consultants in compliance with NVF and donor policies for project teams.
- Serve as a resource regarding key center operational policies and procedures (e.g., knowledge management, procurement, travel, etc.).
- Draft and/or generate routine internal and external communications.
- Process and monitor routine project financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Support operations team with recruitment and onboarding of new staff (e.g., scheduling orientation sessions, creation of materials, etc.).
- Order office supplies and equipment for staff; obtain vendor quotations, as needed.
- Organizational skills
- Being proactive and anticipating needs
- Keeping composure under pressure
- Smart multitasking
- General resourcefulness
- Cultural awareness
- Sense of humor
- Problem solving
YOU MIGHT HAVE THE PAST EXPERIENCE OF:
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in an administrative role for a complex and fast-paced international organization, interacting intensively with internal and external contacts.
- Works well with colleagues.
- Worked on multiple concurrent activities/projects.
- Experience with independently calendaring, travel arrangements, and event/meeting planning coordination.
- Experience supporting contracts and procurement.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Learning new software applications.
- Systems and Process management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Works with efficiency and diplomacy.
$60,000 – $80,000
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for both employees and dependents; a 3% automatic contribution and a 3% employer match on 401k contributions; pre-tax transportation benefits; floating paid holidays; 25 vacation days; 80 hours sick time; 10 volunteer hours; and 10 personal days. There’s a cell phone stipend of $75/month, along with a $200 for an upgrade every 2 years, as well as a $75/month fitness benefit.
GCfGE is transitioning to a 4-day week in the first half of 2023.
We are a values-based, people first organization and recognize that even the best laid plans will have bends in the road. We are committed to continuous growth while understanding that flexibility, adaptation, and grace are a requirement of healthy evolution.
ABOUT THE CENTER
THE GLOBAL CENTER FOR GENDER EQUALITY
The Global Center for Gender Equality recently spun out of Stanford University, with the desire and intent to create a feminist organization by design. We believe the current systems that underpin modern society were designed to be intentionally exclusive, built for the purpose of keeping power in the hands of a few. To thrive, the world (humanity) is in dire need of redesigned systems that redistribute power in inclusive and equitable ways.
This is our reason for being.
Our Vision: A world where oppressive systems have been replaced by just ones and gender equality is seen, valued and experienced as a basic human right, every day for all.
Our Mission: Disrupt systems that sustain social injustice, translate knowledge into practice, and inspire changemakers in service of advancing gender justice.
Work in Relationship: The future we envision cannot be realized by working in isolation.
Value Wholeness: Bridging disciplines, working across silos and collaborating across systems enables us to address the needs of the whole human rather than isolated issues.
Foster Inclusion: We value, engage, listen to and learn from all voices— particularly those that have been historically excluded from exercising power—and proactively dismantle hierarchies and break down barriers to participation, expression and agency.
Stretch beyond comfort: Our commitment to transform oppressive systems calls us to see what we haven’t yet seen, listen for what we don’t know and do better as we learn.
Be Transparent: In service of fostering trust and accountability in all our relationships, we are open about our processes, decision-making, practices and share our challenges, learning and growth edges.
How we Show Up:
Curious: Excited by what we don’t yet know and inspired by the possibilities that surface when diverse voices, ideas and perspectives are elevated and come together, we approach the future we want to co-create by asking “What if?” and “Why not?”
Brave: We are unapologetic feminists and commit to showing up, speaking hard truths, sharing and ceding power. We have the grit to persevere when things get tough and will adapt when needed but we won’t compromise our principles.
Humble: Since we are working in emergent spaces, we know that new solutions will not always be clear and may not always be ours to find.
Trustworthy: We pledge to be true to our commitments, be honest, empathetic and inclusive in our relationships, and hold ourselves accountable to a diverse array of stakeholders for our actions and behaviors.
Self Assured: We are clear about the world we are working towards and hold an open mind about the roles we can play, always asking, “how can we use our power wisely in service of what is needed?”
The Global Center for Gender Equality is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that seek to design feminist, just and inclusive systems, translate knowledge into action, and support changemakers to meaningfully advance gender justice. We understand that change begins with us and so are dedicated to building a workplace that is as feminist, just, and inclusive as the world we envision. We also believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve, and we support this diversity through all our employment practices.
While we work to bring this vision to life, we are unfortunately still at the behest of existing systems. Below you will find a set of voluntary self-identification questions and responses that, while able to offer us some level of accountability to ourselves, is not perfect nor is it comprehensive of the rich diversity we know to exist. We are currently unable to edit these fields in this system but are working to gain this access and influence the change we know it requires.
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, New Venture Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations, for both the interview and position, may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at [email protected]
Please apply Here
Explore other open positions at the Global Center for Gender Equality on our Careers page.
If you have questions about this position, please email [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.