Website Feminist Majority Foundation
The Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF) is recruiting college and university students and recent graduates in Ohio to organize and mobilize fellow students to Vote Yes on Ohio’s Issue 1 on Tuesday, November 7, 2023. FMF is hiring for Campus Coordinators ($20/hr) at the following schools:
- Bowling Green State University
- The Ohio State University
- Case Western Reserve University
- University of Akron
- Cleveland State University
- University of Cincinnati
- Denison, Kenyon, & Oberlin
- University of Toledo
- Kent State University
- Wright State University
- Miami University
- Youngstown State University
- Ohio University
FMF’s Vote Yes on 1 Ohio is a student-led voter education and mobilization campaign to increase student voter turnout and encourage students to vote yes on Issue 1 in November. If passed, Issue 1 would establish a state constitutional right to “make and carry out one’s own reproductive decisions,” including decisions about abortion, contraception, fertility treatment, miscarriage care, and continuing pregnancy.
The vote on Issue 1 will have major implications for the future of reproductive rights and access in Ohio, and young people’s lives and futures are especially at stake. The Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade in 2022 ended the U.S. constitutional right to abortion access nationwide and threatened the right to contraception. Ohioans now have the opportunity to enshrine these rights within their own state constitution and ensure these protections to bodily autonomy at the state level.
Campus Coordinators will coordinate teams of Campus Organizers on college and university campuses through Election Day, November 7, playing an essential role in working to protect reproductive freedom in Ohio by organizing and mobilizing their communities to vote YES on Issue 1.
Campaign Coordinators will:
- Recruit Campus Organizers and volunteers on their campuses;
- Identify allies on campuses with whom to work and maintain these relationships on the ground throughout the duration of the campaign;
- Manage Campus Organizers in distribution of campaign literature and materials; • Train Campus Organizers and volunteers to speak intelligently and respectfully to potential voters about voting YES on Issue 1;
- Organize rallies and events to encourage voter turnout during early voting and on Election Day; and
- Coordinate with the State Coordinator on the status of the campaign and author reports with relevant metrics and updates from Campus Organizers.
Qualified applicants are:
- Passionate about feminism, gender justice, and equality;
- Active on their campus, including but not limited to, participation and leadership in student organizations and student government;
- Able to work independently as a self-starter and collaboratively as part of a team; • Reliable and detail-oriented;
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment;
- Personable and able to inspire, recruit, and coordinate volunteers;
- Exceptional written and oral communicators;
- Adept at creating content for social media to grow a following and influence others; • Well organized and communicative; and
- Excellent networkers with exceptional time management skills.
Prior experience on a campaign is highly desirable.
This is a temporary position through November 10, 2023, with an estimated time commitment of approximately 15 hours/week.
To apply, please send a resume (cover letter detailing leadership experience and/or interest in reproductive rights optional) to [email protected] with the title of the position in the subject line.
The Feminist Majority Foundation is an Equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity. People of color, ethnic or religious minorities, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA individuals, and other historically marginalized people are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com