Website Feminist Majority Foundation
The Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF) is recruiting college and university students and recent graduates in Ohio to organize and mobilize fellow students to Vote Yes on Ohio’s Issue 1 on Tuesday, November 7, 2023. FMF is hiring for Campus Organizers ($15/hr) at the following schools:
- Bowling Green State University
- Ohio University
- Case Western Reserve University
- The Ohio State University
- Cleveland State University
- University of Akron
- Denison University
- University of Cincinnati
- Kent State University
- University of Toledo
- Kenyon College
- Wright State University
- Miami University
- Youngstown State University
- Oberlin College
FMF’s Vote Yes on 1 Ohio is a student-led voter education and mobilization campaign to increase student voter turnout and encourage students to vote yes on Issue 1 in November. If passed, Issue 1 would establish a state constitutional right to “make and carry out one’s own reproductive decisions,” including decisions about abortion, contraception, fertility treatment, miscarriage care, and continuing pregnancy.
The vote on Issue 1 will have major implications for the future of reproductive rights and access in Ohio, and young people’s lives and futures are especially at stake. The Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade in 2022 ended the U.S. constitutional right to abortion access nationwide and threatened the right to contraception. Ohioans now have the opportunity to enshrine these rights within their own state constitution and ensure these protections to bodily autonomy at the state level.
Campus Organizers will organize in teams on their campuses through Election Day, November 7, playing an essential role in working to protect reproductive freedom in Ohio by organizing and mobilizing their communities to vote YES on Issue 1.
Campus Organizers will:
- Educate students about their right to register and vote where they attend school; • Speak at the start/end of classes, in residence hall meetings, in student organization meetings, and at campus events about what’s at stake in this election;
- Host visibility activities on campus, including tabling and flyering, and social media; • Recruit and coordinate volunteers to participate in campaign activities; and • Organize rallies and events to encourage voter turnout during early voting and on Election Day.
Qualified applicants are:
- Passionate about feminism, gender justice, and equality;
- Active on their campus, including but not limited to, participation and leadership in student organizations and student government;
- Able to work independently as a self-starter and collaboratively as part of a team; • Reliable and detail-oriented;
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment;
- Personable and able to inspire, recruit, and coordinate volunteers;
- Exceptional written and oral communicators; and
- Adept at creating content for social media to grow a following and influence others. Prior experience on a campaign is highly desirable.
This is a temporary position through November 10, 2023, with an estimated time commitment of 5-15 hours/week.
To apply, please send a resume (cover letter detailing leadership experience and/or interest in reproductive rights optional) to [email protected] with “Ohio Campus Organizer” in the subject line.
The Feminist Majority Foundation is an Equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity. People of color, ethnic or religious minorities, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA individuals, and other historically marginalized people are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com