About HIT Strategies
HIT Strategies is a rapidly growing polling, messaging, and strategic research firm that uses innovative research methods to understand, communicate with and mobilize some of the hardest to reach communities in society. Women, millennials (+ gen-z), and minorities are irreversibly shifting voting and consumer patterns in America. At HIT Strategies, we apply our lived experiences at the intersections of society to explore and empower these communities so our partners can realize the full potential of rapid diversification in America.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the heart of our mission. As the leading millennial and minority-owned public opinion research firm, our team must reflect the country’s incredible diversity. Therefore, we especially encourage applications from people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and groups underrepresented in political research.
A progressive Washington, DC research firm is seeking a full-time Field Assistant to work closely with the Field Manager in the technical preparations for qualitative and quantitative research projects. The Field Assistant’s operational and research mindset help HIT optimize our resources and timelines to support dozens of projects across extensive research portfolios.
The Field Assistant is highly organized and detail oriented, has experience managing competing tasks and priorities, and can maintain clear-thinking composure in time-sensitive situations. We are seeking a fast and capable learner who can implement constructive feedback as we continue innovating our research operations. We work closely with political organizations and candidates, so experience servicing clients, especially advocacy and electoral political nature, is preferred.
This position is remote with preference for candidates based in the Washington, D.C. metro area, Florida, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, South Carolina, Texas and Washington state.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested to fulfill essential responsibilities.
- Assisting in the coordination of preparations for qualitative and quantitative projects
- Aiding in the assessment and evaluation of subcontractors
- Organizing logistics for qualitative & quantitative projects through each phase of research
- Assisting in the pricing and preparations for quantitative projects
- Reporting out progress of qualitative & quantitative project preparations to the Research Team
1 year of professional experience demonstrating the following competencies:
- Project management – scheduling and multitasking during tight timelines, managing resources effectively, and utilizing software to organize projects and communicate updates (e.g. Slack, Asana, etc.)
- Collaborative relationships – working with cross-departmental team members and external vendors to achieve results
- Initiative – identifying ways to optimize processes and working on them proactively
- Communication – sharing updates and asking for help
The following qualifications are preferred but not required:
- Experience with customer service or client management, or coordination
- Experience in qualitative or quantitative research including knowledge of methodologies
Salary and Benefits
- Annual salary range: $45,000 – $50,000
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- Health care with 80% of employee premiums paid by HIT Strategies capped at $300 monthly
- Employee Assistance Program including 24/7 confidential counselling
- Employee discount program
- Home office reimbursement capped at $1,500 (first year)
- Utilities reimbursement capped at $1,500 annually
- Professional development at $1,000 annually
To apply for this job please visit hitstrat.bamboohr.com.