MADRE is an international human rights organization that strengthens communities locally by centering the expertise of women and girls within them. MADRE builds sustainable, networked partnerships, and champions equity through systemic policy solutions and funding. MADRE integrates grantmaking, capacity bridging, and legal advocacy to achieve its goals. Since its founding in 1983, MADRE has provided more than $65 million in grants to support women and girls in more than 40 countries.
Learn more about MADRE’s work at: https://www.madre.org/.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Individual Giving, the Individual Giving Associate provides support for MADRE’s entire Individual Giving program and helps to develop and grow MADRE’s existing and prospective donors at all giving levels. The Individual Giving Associate is responsible for assisting with all donor-related and database activities and works collaboratively across all MADRE teams to achieve individual giving goals.
The individual giving associate should be a highly organized, detail-oriented, motivated person with great systems management skills, and the ability to multitask, while possessing a demonstrated commitment to women’s rights or social justice. This position is suited for someone who enjoys data and its analysis, while playing an important supportive role in assisting a high functioning development team meet its goals. The Development Associate’s responsibilities will primarily entail processing donations, data input, and database management.
- Conduct donation entry and processing to ensure consistent internal tracking of gifts that arrive via all channels including: wire transfers, offline, credit card, stock, and ACH.
- Run periodic reconciliation reports for the Finance team.
- Partner with external donation processing teams to communicate MADRE needs and facilitate data transfers. Develop import templates as needed.
- Serve as the gift processing liaison for vendors, ensuring timely communication and management of the relationships.
- Implement donor acknowledgements, managing out-sourced and in-house processes. Print and mail acknowledgement letters to donors, adding personalization as needed.
- Coordinate additional sources of funding, including third-party donation sites, matching gifts, payroll deductions, and federal and state employee giving.
- Create donate pages and relevant links to track online giving communications and ensure integration with our website.
- Conduct prospect research and maintain up-to-date lists.
- Work with the Individual Giving Coordinator to coordinate list exchanges with our direct mail consultant.
- Manage all subscriptions for the Individual Giving team.
- Assist Senior Director of External Affairs with monthly credit card reports.
- Oversee MADRE’s compliance with state fundraising registrations.
- Assist with other development projects as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and functional database for all individual donors on Salesforce. Manage all individual donor related changes to accounts and solicitation preferences.
- Conduct file pulls, run queries, and generate donor reports as needed.
- Create and update email segmentation, partnering with Information
- Systems Administrator to deploy mass fundraising related emails.
- Input donor meeting notes, actions, and other relevant updates to donor records.
- Pull data for direct response mailings, general donor reports, and Board reports/meetings.
- Collaborate with Individual Giving Coordinator to conduct monthly benchmark analyses.
- Maintain updated gift tracking documents for incoming and secured gifts, regularly reporting on revenue updates and comparisons to previous fiscal year at weekly team meetings.
- Manage general email inboxes and serve as the main point of contact for fielding incoming communications from current and prospective donors.
- Help facilitate online gifts over the phone, updates to monthly giving accounts, and inquiries as necessary.
- Prepare call sheets for Individual Giving team members, Executive Director, and Board members as needed.
- Execute the delivery of donor outreach as needed.
- With Individual Giving team, contribute to the ideation and the execution of donor events, large and small, including but not limited to:
- Tracking RSVP’s and following up as necessary
- Conducting donor outreach via mail and phone
- Creating attendee bios
- Track google alerts for major donors and alert the Individual Giving team as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with 1-2 years of fundraising experience preferred.
- Excellent spoken and written communications.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of donor fundraising software (e.g., Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge) strongly preferred.
- Comfort with working in a flexible in-person and remote environment.
This role requires eligibility to work in the United States. Iit will require occasional in-person meetings at MADRE’s headquarters in New York City and an in-person all-staff retreat.
The full-time salary is $60,000 please note there is no flexibility on compensation as our goal is remain equitable with our starting salaries. This is a union-represented position.
We’re proud to offer our employees an exceptional benefits package that is robust, inclusive, and progressive. Our comprehensive benefits package, includes but is not limited to:
- Medical Insurance – Employee and dependent coverage paid 100% by MADRE
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Work Options
- Generous Leave Policies (incl. Vacation, Sick, Holiday Leave, and Parental Leave)
Please apply and submit your resume and cover letter [email protected]. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials by September 5th, 2023. Submissions are reviewed on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
MADRE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Black, Indigenous, People of Color, recent immigrants, persons with disabilities, LGBTIQ+ people, and other historically marginalized people from under-represented backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence by integrating an intersectional justice lens into all our recruitment efforts.
Studies have shown that people from historically marginalized groups are less likely to apply for specific positions unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications listed in a job description. MADRE values lived experience and are highly committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that centers on intersectional justice. We actively seek to reach candidates from directly impacted communities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org