MADRE is an international feminist fund and women’s human rights organization that partners with community-based women’s groups worldwide facing war, disaster, and their aftermath. MADRE works towards a world in which all people enjoy the fullest range of individual and collective human rights; resources are shared equitably and sustainably; women participate effectively in all aspects of society; and people have a meaningful say in decisions that affect their lives. Individual Giving Associate Reporting to the Associate Director of Individual Giving, the Individual Giving Associate provides support for MADRE’s entire Individual Giving program and helps to develop and grow MADRE’s existing and prospective donors at all giving levels.
The Individual Giving Associate is responsible for assisting with all donor-related and database activities and works collaboratively across all MADRE teams to achieve individual giving goals. The individual should be a highly organized, detail-oriented, motivated person with great systems management skills, and the ability to multitask, while possessing a demonstrated commitment to women’s rights or social justice. This position is suited for someone who enjoys data and its analysis, while playing an important supportive role in assisting a high functioning development team meet its goals. The Development Associate’s responsibilities will primarily entail processing donations, data input, and database management.
● Conduct donation entry and processing to ensure consistent internal tracking of gifts that arrive via all channels including: wire transfers, offline, credit card, stock, and ACH.
● Run periodic reconciliation reports for the Finance team.
● Partner with external donation processing teams to communicate MADRE needs and facilitate data transfers. Develop import templates as needed.
● Serve as the gift processing liaison for vendors, ensuring timely communication and management of the relationships.
● Implement donor acknowledgements, managing out-sourced and in-house processes. Print and mail acknowledgement letters to donors, adding personalization as needed.
● Coordinate additional sources of funding, including third-party donation sites, matching gifts, payroll deductions, and federal and state employee giving.
● Create donate pages and relevant links to track online giving communications and ensure integration with our website.
● Conduct prospect research and maintain up-to-date lists.
● Work with Individual Giving Coordinator to coordinate list exchanges with our direct mail consultant.
● Manage all subscriptions for the Individual Giving team.
● Assist Senior Director of External Affairs with monthly credit card reports.
● Oversee MADRE’s compliance with state fundraising registrations.
● Assist with other development projects as assigned.
● Maintain a clean and functional database for all individual donors on Salesforce. Manage all individual donor related changes to accounts and solicitation preferences.
● Conduct file pulls, run queries, and generate donor reports as needed.
● Create and update email segmentation, partnering with Information Systems Administrator to deploy mass fundraising related emails.
● Input donor meeting notes, actions, and other relevant updates to donor records.
● Pull data for direct response mailings, general donor reports, and Board reports/meetings.
● Collaborate with Individual Giving Coordinator to conduct monthly benchmark analyses.
● Work with Individual Giving Coordinator to update gift tracking documents for incoming and secured gifts, contributing to weekly agenda for the team’s strategy discussions.
● Manage general email inboxes and serve as the main point of contact for fielding incoming communications from current and prospective donors. Help facilitate online gifts over the phone, updates to monthly giving accounts, and inquiries as necessary.
● Prepare call sheets for Individual Giving team members, Executive Director, and Board members as needed.
● Execute the delivery of donor outreach as needed.
● With Individual Giving team, contribute to the ideation and the execution of donor events, large and small, including but not limited to:
o Tracking RSVP’s and following up as necessary
o Conducting donor outreach via mail and phone
o Creating attendee bios
● Track google alerts for major donors and alert the Individual Giving team as needed.
● Bachelor’s Degree required with 1-2 years of fundraising experience preferred.
● Excellent spoken and written communications.
● Keen attention to detail.
● Knowledge of donor fundraising software (e.g., Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge) strongly preferred.
● Comfort with working in a flexible in-person and remote environment.
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV and two references to: email@example.com. Please note applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
This position is currently remote but will require weekly time in our New York office for meetings and operational duties, once the pandemic subsides.
Salary is $60,000
MADRE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. People of color, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ people, and women are all encouraged to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion.