Website Mothers Out Front
Mobilizing for a livable climate
Department: Campaigns & Organizing
Reports to: State Manager
About Mothers Out Front
Mothers Out Front builds our power as mothers to ensure a livable climate for all children. We are growing a multi-racial, cross-class, intergenerational movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers dedicated to convincing elected officials and business leaders to work for a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy. We know that mothers have an important role to play in the climate justice movement, and, when it comes to protecting children, mothers are an unstoppable force for change. Our goal is simple: to enable mothers to take active leadership in climate justice work by providing the structure, training, and tools for them to work together and win campaigns in their communities, cities, and states.
About the Role
We are seeking highly motivated organizers to join our team and build the organization’s people power in several regions. We are committed to being member-led and you will work to support a diversity of local teams, facilitate coalition building, and deepen member engagement and participation. You are at the forefront of building, diversifying, and deepening Mothers Out Front’s power. You use a mix of digital and local, on-the-ground techniques to recruit and engage new members, ensuring that volunteers feel valued and supported. You also build the local teams that represent the heart and soul of Mothers Out Front.
What You’ll Do
- Recruit a diversity of new members through both digital and in-person tactics.
- Facilitate the development of new volunteer-led teams and chapters; support and manage existing volunteer-led teams to expand, grow and diversify their teams through 1:1 coaching, training, and collaboration.
- Build and sustain a constituency that will actively participate in Mothers Out Front and work with our campaigners to develop, execute, and win climate justice campaigns.
- Support members by implementing learning and skill development opportunities in collaboration with the Member Learning and Success Team
- Build relationships with a diverse mix of allied organizations and community leaders and support members to do the same.
- Participate in and train members to participate in strategic coalitions that support the movement and increase the organization’s visibility.
- Build and maintain working relationships with key local decision-makers, funders, media, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the effective tracking and recording of key data points and metrics in the organization’s databases, as required.
What You’ll Need
- At least 4 years experience in grassroots organizing with an emphasis on base building and leadership development, ideally in a grassroots organizing or electoral campaign setting.
- Solid grounding in and knowledge of the community you’ll be organizing
- Great people skills – you’re great at listening, maintaining relationships, and following up.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting new members using a mix of digital and in-person community-based tactics.
- Demonstrated experience engaging and supporting a diverse group of people to reach their goals, including increasing depths of participation.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to social justice and actively works to dismantle systems of oppression, including racism, sexism, misogyny, classism, ableism, homophobia, xenophobia, and other forms of discrimination. Commitment to working with people from a variety of ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds, as well as varying religious, educational, generational, and gender identity backgrounds.
- Strong project management skills, coupled with sharp attention to detail, solution orientation, and a demonstrated ability to manage competing and changing priorities effectively.
- Openness to ongoing learning and coaching from colleagues at every level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that inspire action.
Details: Mothers Out Front is a fully remote organization. Candidates must be based in southern Colorado, with a preference for Pueblo, and will work from a home office. This is a full-time position.
Salary and benefits: The salary range for an Organizer is $64,000 – $68,000, depending on experience. Benefits include health and dental coverage, a 401(k) plan, flexible spending plan, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and support for remote work set-up. We offer ongoing training opportunities, a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive, and collaborative setting and we are proudly women-led!
The deadline to apply is Monday, February 19, 2024. This search is being supported by NRG Consulting Group. Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation
Mothers Out Front is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The organization encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, record of arrest or conviction and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail [email protected]. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
To apply for this job please visit mothersoutfront.applytojob.com.