NAPAWF is the only organization focused on building power with AAPI women and girls to influence critical decisions that affect our lives, our families, and our communities. Using a reproductive justice framework, we elevate AAPI women and girls to impact policy and drive systemic change in the United States.
This is a part-time, hourly position that supports NAPAWF with community outreach and engagement in Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) communities to move our issue campaigns and voter engagement programs. NAPAWF canvassers do this by talking to AAPI women at their doors and at community sites.
Primary responsibilities of a NAPAWF Canvasser:
- Door-knocking and canvassing at targeted sites within AAPI communities.
- Clearly convey NAPAWF’s mission and discuss our work on issues and political campaigns.
- Identify potential members and move them to join NAPAWF.
- Educate AAPI women and girls to vote and move voters to the polls.
- Attend all scheduled meetings on time.
- Keep detailed notes, complete daily and weekly reports on progress, and meet all goals and metrics.
- Participate and complete all required training.
- Must have a strong interest in reproductive and health rights, immigrant and racial justice, economic justice, and voter education and rights.
- Must have the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with team members through email, messaging communications, and attend weekly meetings, and work independently if needed.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English and be able to fluently speak at least one of the following Asian languages: Vietnamese, Chinese, Korean, Bangla, Hindi, Urdu, Tagalog, Arabic, or Burmese.
- Must have reliable transportation (car) and a valid driver’s license.
- Candidate must also possess strong communication, verbal, and written skills and the ability to discuss sensitive issues with community members.
- Self-motivated, problem solver, and learning mindset.
- Basic computer and or tablet literacy, understanding of applications, web browsers, email, and video conferencing platforms such as Google Meet, Teams, and Zoom.
- Previous canvassing or organizing experiences are preferred but are not required.
HOURLY RATE & BENEFITS
All canvassing positions with NAPAWF are temporary (seasonal), part-time, and hourly, are paid at $20.00/hour, and are subject to local/state minimum wage and paid sick leave laws. Part-time temporary staff is not entitled to any benefits other than those required by local/state laws.
Canvassers will be required to meet in person at the NAPAWF office in their city daily before their shift begins. To do this, the candidate must have their own vehicle and a valid driver’s license. NAPAWF will provide PPE (if needed), a tablet, and all canvassing materials each day. Mileage will be reimbursed in accordance with NAPAWF’s procedures.
NAPAWF is committed to public health, and to the safety and well-being of our colleagues and visitors. As such we have adopted a policy requiring all employees to receive all recommended COVID-19 vaccines and boosters or to apply for and receive an exemption.
NAPAWF is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related) or conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions (ARC). Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
To apply for this job please visit nationalasianpacificamericanwomensforum.applytojob.com.