Website EMILY's List
EMILY’s List the Nation’s Largest Resource for Women in Politics
Regional Finance Director, Mid-Atlantic
Reports to: Vice President, Development
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
FLSA Status: Exempt
Union Position: Yes
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Regional Finance Director, Mid-Atlantic to join our Development team. The Regional Finance Director is part of a dynamic team whose principal responsibility is cultivating continued support among existing $5,000+ donors and recruiting new supporters at the major gifts level. Candidates should be experienced, innovative fundraisers who can create and implement a fundraising plan for the Mid-Atlantic region (Washington, DC, Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania). This position is regionally based, ideally in Washington, DC.
At EMILY’s List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILY’s List.
Essential Job Functions
- Cultivate and solicit major gifts from individuals in the region.
- Develop new relationships and build a robust prospect pool, as well as retain and upgrade existing donors.
- Use a variety of solicitation tools, including events, meetings, calls, and online communication.
- Maintain strong internal relationships as the individual works with a variety of staff members in the national office, including the Director of Major Gifts, Vice President of Development, President, and other members of the senior staff as well as peers across the country.
- Play a leadership role in the planning of the annual We Are EMILY Conference and Gala.
- Plan regular development and fundraising trips for the President and other senior staff as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of five years of fundraising experience and direct major donor solicitation, including prospecting and upgrading, and a proven track record securing major gifts.
- Applicants should be innovative self-starters, able to work independently, as well as with a wide variety of people, demonstrate an ability to prioritize and handle a wide variety of projects and commit to results.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and fundraising databases, ideally Raiser’s Edge, is a plus.
- Campaign and/or political experience helpful but not required.
- Travel is expected up to 30% of the time.
- Commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, staff; and a commitment and passion to elect pro-choice Democratic women required.
The salary for this position is $112,000 – $130,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. To apply, visit our jobs site: Regional Finance Director to upload your resume, provide a cover letter, and fill out an application. Applications received by 01/27/2023 will be given priority. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
ABOUT EMILY’S LIST
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, works to elect Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot and across the country with a goal of fighting for our rights and our communities. Our work is centered around a fundamental vision: Run. Win. Change the World. EMILY’s List has raised over $700 million in service to that vision and has helped Democratic women win competitive elections by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running one of the largest independent expenditure campaigns for Democrats, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 159 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and nearly 1,400 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Visit www.emilyslist.org for more information.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.