Website The Hub Project
To: National Press Secretary Director
Status: Full time; Exempt (This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit; specific employment terms and conditions are subject to labor-management negotiations and a potential Collective Bargaining Agreement.)
Location: Washington, DC
Salary Range: $49,000-$58,000
About The Hub
Launched in 2016, The Hub is a nonprofit effort made up of a growing team of communications, research, and organizing experts with extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, polling, and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy. We make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to creating an environment where people from all backgrounds can participate, grow, and succeed in our organization. We believe we have a duty to use our power and privilege to contribute to transformational change to ensure our government is working for everyone and that all families have a fair shot.
What You’ll Do
The Special Assistant will be responsible for providing overall administrative support to three Managing Directors (MDs) across our Communications, Digital, and Campaigns teams. They will provide high-level administrative and scheduling support to ensure our MDs are fully prepared with materials, agendas, and background information each day. This will also assist with special projects across multiple department teams and campaigns.
As a Special Assistant you will:
• Work in partnership with executive and senior leaders and their departments to manage calendars, program activities, and various special assignments
• Coordinate with the Executive Support Team (composed of the Executive Director’s Executive Assistant and one other Special Assistant) to maintain a smooth and efficient process for managing across executive schedules and daily/ monthly priorities
• Act as a Hub liaison to coordinate events and meetings with external partner organizations, independent consultants, and other key stakeholders
• Collect and distribute agendas and key documents to meeting attendees; collect notes during meetings and follow up with internal staff on assigned duties and projects
• Monitor and assist with the development of intra- and inter-department communication
• Manage executive expense reporting and procure supplies and materials on their behalf
• Manage timekeeping and reporting for members of the executive team
• Support operational needs around the processing and tracking of contracts, invoices, and payments
• Performs clerical and administrative tasks including drafting letters, memos, and reports for the executive team
• Support special projects for Communications, Campaigns, and Digital teams
• Performs other related duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For
• You have a track record of success in project or operations management in an environment that requires juggling many different priorities at once
• You have a track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
• You’re detail-oriented and can stay on top of the schedules and needs of multiple members of the executive team
• You have a head for logistics and keeping things running smoothly
• You are comfortable taking on new and varied responsibilities in an evolving work environment
• You have a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all facets of your work
• You are passionate about progressive politics and working to ensure a better future for all people in America
What We Offer
The salary range for this position is $49,000-$58,000, commensurate with experience. The Hub Project provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to:
• 100% employer paid medical, vision, and dental premiums for employee, spouse, and dependent(s)
• Three% automatic 401k employer contribution plus an additional 3% employer match on 401k contributions – fully vested on the first day of employment
• A Health Reimbursement Account to subsidize co-pay, prescription, and other medical costs
• Generous PTO policy including paid holidays, vacation, sick and volunteer time off
• Monthly Tech Connectivity and Wellness stipend
COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, The Hub requires that any employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are expected to report to work in person; all individuals entering the Hub offices will be asked to produce vaccination documentation for entrance to the premises. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at [email protected]
How to apply
To begin the application process, click “Apply For This Job.” This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.