Website Texas Democratic Party
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking an organized and enthusiastic professional to be our Deputy Operations Director. This is a full-time position based in Austin, Texas. The Deputy Operations Director will report to the Operations Director and work closely with the Executive and Operations Departments.
Duties Would Include:
- Maintain and improve upon organizational systems; Develop documentation
- Coordinate with staff and vendors on office and digital needs
- Execute recruitment, hiring, onboarding, and offboarding processes
- Assist with payroll processing
- Assist with collecting and processing contributions
- Assist with maintaining financial records for campaign finance reports to both federal and state of Texas authorities
- Assist the Primary Administrator with payment administration and reconciliation with the Secretary of State’s office
- Assist preparation of quarterly reports for the officers and governing body (SDEC) to be reviewed by the Finance Committee
- Assist with managing the public email inbox
- Organize staff travel arrangements or travel arrangements for the Party Officers
- Other duties as assigned
- Working laptop
- Mobile phone
- Reliable car
Applicants should have one or more years of HR/operations experience in any industry and a demonstrated history in political organizations. Campaign operations experience is a huge plus and campaign experience in any department is helpful. Applicants should be creative, well-organized self-starters who can juggle a variety of tasks and personalities. Ideal applicants will have a strong familiarity with Google Workspace Admin, Google Sheets, and other workplace productivity/HR products.
- A positive attitude and willingness to pitch in when needed
- Office Suite and/or Google Suite skills
- Ability to multitask
- Detail oriented
- Must be a demonstrated team player
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Permanent, full-time, and will include some nights and weekends.
Report To: Operations Director
Location: This is a full time, in-person position based in Austin, TX. This role will require occasional statewide travel.
Salary: $70,000 annual
How to Apply:
Please click here to apply for this position.
Diversity: The Texas Democratic Party is an equal-opportunity employer. Consistent with the Texas Democratic Party’s commitment to including groups historically underrepresented in the Texas Democratic Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability, we strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the Texas Democratic Party.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org