Website Texas Democratic Party
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking an experienced fundraising professional to fill the position of Finance Director. The Finance Director is responsible for developing and executing the Party’s strategic fundraising plans, supervising both in-house staff and consultants, supporting the digital fundraising program, and making continual progress towards larger organizational goals.
Report to: Executive Director
Location: This is a full time, in-person position based in Austin, TX. This role will require occasional statewide travel.
- Oversee finance plan creation & implementation for the Texas Democratic Party
- Create and implement fundraising programs for varying donor constituencies
- Cultivate major donor relationships
- Lead fundraising event planning teams
- Partner with Operations Director in budget creation & maintenance
- Maintain strong relationships with Democratic elected officials, labor partners, and corporate lobby
- Write and submit grant applications
- Manage the finance and digital fundraising teams, and finance interns
- Coordinate with team on digital acquisition and major gift fundraising
- Oversee Convention 2024, manage Convention Committee of the SDEC, and supervise Convention Director
- Work closely with the Chair, Finance Chair, and Executive Director of the Party to implement fundraising strategies
- Reliable Transportation
- A reliable laptop
- A reliable cell phone
Applicants should have 4 or more years of fundraising experience, and a demonstrated history in political fundraising. Applicants should be creative self-starters who can juggle a variety of tasks and personalities. Ideal applicants will have a strong familiarity with NGP, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and Google Drive.
Start Date: Immediately
Employment Type: This is a Texas-based full-time position and will include some nights and weekends.
Salary: The starting salary for this position is $85,000, commensurate with experience. The Texas Democratic Party offers medical, vision, and dental insurance. Employee’s insurance premiums are paid fully by TDP.
How to Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter here.
Diversity: The Texas Democratic Party is an equal-opportunity employer. Consistent with the Texas Democratic Party’s commitment to including groups historically underrepresented in the Texas Democratic Party’s affairs, by virtue of race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability, we strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to seek jobs within the Texas Democratic Party.