Website Texas Democratic Party
This is a senior-level role focused on developing and executing the communications strategy to define and undermine Republican candidates. This person will play a critical role in the U.S. Senate race and is expected to assist the Communications Director in creating press plans, building events, pitching stories, and serving as an on-the-record spokesperson for the party. This position reports to the Communications Director.
- Develop and execute earned media strategy to define Republican candidates
- Build and maintain relationships with the state and local press corps
- Serve as a primary spokesperson for the party regarding Republican candidates
- Regularly produce press materials, including: releases, advisories, fact sheets, background for reporters, talking points for allies, LTEs and Op-Ed columns, and other items as needed
- Pitch trend, analysis, and opposition research stories
- Organize and execute regular press events to generate earned media and bracket against GOP opponents
- Identify and maintain a network of local surrogates and validators for local and national press interviews
- Strong preference for two to three cycles of campaign or political communications experience
- Track record of successful work directly with reporters and on-the-record experience
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to write quickly and on deadline for wide variety of press materials
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies and plans
- Understanding of how to prioritize competing responsibilities and multiple organizations while managing rapid response in a fast-paced work environment
- Team player attitude and committed to working well with others
- Demonstrated commitment to Democratic causes
Salary and benefits:
$6,500/month. The Texas Democratic Party offers medical, vision, and dental insurance. Employee’s insurance premiums are paid fully by TDP. This is a cycle-only position.
How to apply:
Please click here to submit resume and cover letter.
This is an in-person position based in Austin, TX. This role will require occasional statewide travel.
The Texas Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Women and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.