Website The Eden Centers for Hope and Healing
A movement to eradicate trafficking and selling of human beings
The Eden Centers for Hope and Healing seeks a Chief Executive Officer with a proven track record of fundraising and operational leadership who will provide overall management of ECHH, including its core function of ensuring the quality of therapeutic community/milieu at its facilities, along with (1) the delivery of necessary services and support to its residents through staff and community providers; (2) leading fundraising activities; (3) enhancing community outreach/awareness of the organization and the issues of human trafficking; and, (4) the expansion of ECHH programs through residence and service expansion, prevention education and social enterprise.
Key responsibilities include:
The four primary skill sets required to carry out the mission of ECHH are fundraising, business management and operations, relationship building, and facilities management.
The ideal candidate will:
- Lead all fundraising efforts on behalf of ECHH, including coordination and oversight of an annual event, and other promotional events.
- Write/oversee/coordinate all grant writing and management of existing grants.
- Engage, cultivate, and steward individuals, businesses, foundations, and government agencies for financial and other support.
- Pursue and coordinate additional revenue sources through a variety of funding mechanisms/opportunities consistent with the mission statement of ECHH.
Business Management and Operations
- Facilitate strategic planning with key board members and staff members to create a three-year plan for ECHH.
- Oversee accounting and financial functions of the organization.
- Prepare and administer Board-approved annual budget.
- Provide projected costs and expenses to Board Treasurer on a quarterly basis.
- Report to ECHH Board President (Provide timely information and support to the Board President in preparation for board meetings and provide board members all information necessary for sound decisions regarding development, mission, annual goals and objectives, personnel and program operations.)
- Negotiate/Coordinate ECHH contracts and Memorandums of Understanding with community partners. (ECHH has pro bono legal counsel.)
- Manage prevention education programs and outreach to community partners, religious and civic organizations, schools, law enforcement and the judiciary.
- Supervise all ECHH staff and set clear goals for program development.
- Oversee all personnel matters including staff organizational structure, hiring and firing, etc.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures.
- Facilitate weekly staff meetings to provide personnel supervision and review monthly finances as they pertain to program operations and expenses.
- Oversee the facilitation of twice monthly meetings with clinical staff, pro bono medical director, and service providers.
- Provide individual and group intervention and support as needed to residents and staff.
- Oversee ECHH public relations, including film, television, radio, print media/website and social media, internet outreach and educational materials.
- Lead development/marketing efforts for ECHH with input and support from the board, community professionals and supporters.
- Maintain a close working relationship with City of New Orleans, the Greater New Orleans Human Trafficking Task Force, New Orleans law enforcement and judiciary, State of Louisiana Representatives, the Governor’s Office, the New Orleans metropolitan community, and other social service providers.
- Coordinate outreach to community service providers, prisons and law enforcement and other community groups for referral of ECHH residents for assistance regarding legal, medical, permanent housing, jobs, etc. and to identify potential residents.
- Manage and perform public speaking engagements on behalf of ECHH.
- Testify regarding human trafficking at state legislature and other government venues as needed.
- Represent ECHH on relevant national, state-wide, and municipal commissions, and actively participate in relevant conferences.
- Coordinate and conduct tours of ECHH as needed for fundraising and community outreach and education.
- Oversee maintenance and operations of buildings, grounds, security, and equipment.
- Manage repairs and renovations.
- Work with the Board on capital projects.
- Qualified applicants will have a significant number of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA or advance degree is preferred).
- Management-level career in business development, marketing, or management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in oral and written communication and proposal development and preparation.
- Experience in management of people, programs, processes, budgets and performance.
- Experience in organizing, planning, policy formulation and implementation, and in staff recruitment and development.
- Demonstrated success in building relationships with diverse external and internal constituencies.
- Strong marketing, interpersonal, and personal selling skills required for cultivation and solicitation of gifts and strengthening community relationships.
- Must be energetic, highly motivated, self-directed, and very focused.
- A background in mental health services management is not necessary but would be helpful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com