The Outreach Team
We are all in this fight together and we can make effective change through voting, but the first step is getting folks registered to vote. Help us protect our democracy and register voters within the Phoenix Metro area. Our goal is to register and mobilize new voters in areas within Phoenix that will help ensure that marginalized voices are being heard ahead of this year’s critical midterm elections.
Get paid well! Canvass positions start at a $20/hour base pay. Leadership positions earn up to $22/hour. In addition, we offer overtime pay, paid training, sick pay, and bonuses for friend referrals.
Stay Safe! We have strict health and safety protocols that include a contactless approach to campaign work. We provide all of the training and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) you will need. All staff must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 OR receive an approved exemption through our HR department and submit weekly testing results.
We are hiring immediately, all positions are through mid-August. Shifts run Tuesday through Sunday from 11:30 AM – 7 PM with the possibility to work part-time or full-time.
Canvasser Responsibilities ($20/hr):
- Engage with the public in a friendly and professional manner
- Deliver a captivating presentation and compel citizens to register to vote
- Participate in staff trainings to improve outreach skills
- Strictly follow the campaign’s safety protocols, including the use of PPE and compliance with daily health and safety guidelines
Team Leader Responsibilities ($22/hr):
The Canvasser Responsibilities plus:
- Manage a small group of canvassers out in the field by checking in with them periodically throughout the day and debriefing with them at the end of the day
- Ensure each canvasser has all of the materials they need to be safe and successful
- Assist directors with canvasser training and administrative work
The ideal candidate:
- Passionate about progressive politics and fostering democracy
- Strong communication skills; you should enjoy working with other people and be willing and excited to speak with everyone
- Hard worker who will stay motivated to engage as many people as possible
- Open to new challenges and are interested in building their campaign skills
- Culturally competent and able to respectfully engage with teammates and the community
Prior voter registration experience is a plus but not required.
Pay: $20/hr for canvassers and $22hr for Team Leaders. We offer paid training, sick pay, and bonuses for friend referrals.
We are committed to equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.theoutreachteam.net.