UTEC is dedicated to helping young people overcome the very real
Job Title: Director of Contract Administration
Reports to: Sr. Director of Special Projects
Background on UTEC, Inc.
UTEC’s promise is to ignite and nurture the ambition of our most disengaged youth to trade violence and poverty for social and economic success. UTEC’s outcomes-focused model begins with intensive street outreach, reaching proven high-risk youth where they’re at. UTEC engages youth in workforce development and educational programs and provides mental health services and intensive case management. Social justice and civic engagement are embedded in all programming. For more info, please visit www.utecinc.org.
UTEC is committed to its vision for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion which pledges to honor the lived experiences and expertise of individuals; create community and celebration of cultures; challenge all forms of oppression; and embody a culture that leans into discomfort and recognizes it as a growth opportunity. UTEC is dedicated to fair and equitable compensation practice, the health, mental health, and overall well-being of young adults and staff and to creating an environment that supports work-life balance and the individual and professional growth of all.
The Director of Contract Administration leads and manages the entire life cycle for all current and upcoming state and federal contracts for funding as well as any subcontracts they contain. State and Federal contracts are essential to the sustainability of the organization so it is imperative the Director of Contract Administration builds strong relationships with all staff associated with the implementation of the contract funded activities as well as with state and federally contracted Technical Assistance Providers. The Director of Contract Administration supports the grants and program teams with workflow processes that ensure success with meeting contract goals. The Director of Contract Administration manages internal processes across functions including case management, evaluation, and finance.
- Work closely with the Finance team to best integrate grant and contract reconciliation to ensure funds are correctly tracked, allocates and spent accordance to funding requirements
- Support the Director of Grants in the pre award process by providing insight and information on past awards
- Oversight of all post awards of grants and contracts by reviewing and signing contracts, internal and external team meetings regarding award and its process, attending conferences etc.
- Form and manage an internal cross-functional contract team for each contract to ensure goals and outcomes of each contract are being implemented, tracked and reported in accordance to contract requirements
- Ensure all internal team members understand the contract and their responsibilities and expectations
- Oversee and support grant and contract reporting in partnership with program, evaluation, and finance staff
- Review all grant and contract agreements to complete specific work plans as requested
- Build and maintain relationships with grant/contract partners and any delegates such as technical assistance providers
- Review, edit and provide feedback on proposals and other written materials from the grant writers as necessary
- Build and maintain relationships with external subcontractors in any current contracts
- Coordinate with program leadership around project management for grants and contracts, including communicating key deliverables, and ensuring that we are tracking and meeting these deliverables
- Schedule and facilitate meetings with UTEC staff and external partners as needed to ensure effective communication and management of contracts
- Data entry and contract reporting based on contract requirements
- Attend external meetings with grant partners as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
- Proven experience with project management and reporting
- Experience developing and managing productive working relationships with funders and coworkers at all levels
- Ability to work as a leader and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A healthy sense of humor, and an ability to have fun while working hard
- Attention to detail is a must!
- Commitment to social justice is essential; youth-serving experience is helpful
- Excellent supervisory and management skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, especially the ability to deal with tight deadlines and rapidly shifting priorities
- Demonstrate a commitment to UTEC’s principles of social change, diversity, and community building
- An ability to think critically and creatively, participate in strategic discussions, and develop new systems as UTEC’s size and structure grow or shift
- Capacity to work with staff and partners at all levels and a comfort with “managing up”
- Strong computer and online literacy skills
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in contract management with staff supervision, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Experience with Virtual Gateway or other MA state agency contract tools a plus
- Prolonged periods of sitting and working on a computer
Salary range is $75k-$80k, commensurate with experience. Benefits include retirement 401K plan, health and dental (50-85% subsidized), 3 weeks paid vacation, holiday and paid sick/personal time, the opportunity for a paid sabbatical after 3 years, first-time homebuyers funding, and free counseling for all staff. Please see www.utecinc.org/jobs for more details.
To apply for this job please visit utecinc.applytojob.com.