The Feminist Majority (FM) is recruiting college and university students and recent graduates in Virginia to organize and mobilize fellow students to vote for pro-choice candidates in the general election on Tuesday, November 7, 2023. FM is hiring for Campus Coordinators ($20/hr) at colleges and universities throughout Virginia.
FM’s Get Out the Vote campaign is a student-led voter education and mobilization campaign to increase student voter turnout and encourage students to vote for candidates that are committed to feminist principles and protecting reproductive freedom.
Campus Coordinators will coordinate teams of Campus Organizers on college and university campuses through Election Day, November 7, playing an essential role in working to protect reproductive freedom in Virginia by organizing and mobilizing their communities to vote for pro-choice candidates.
Campaign Coordinators will:
- Recruit Campus Organizers and volunteers on their campuses;
- Identify allies on campuses with whom to work and maintain these relationships on the ground throughout the duration of the campaign;
- Manage Campus Organizers in distribution of campaign literature and materials;
- Train Campus Organizers and volunteers to speak intelligently and respectfully to potential voters about different candidates’ platforms;
- Organize rallies and events to encourage voter turnout during early voting and on Election Day; and
Coordinate with the State Coordinator on the status of the campaign and author reports with relevant metrics and updates from Campus Organizers.
Qualified applicants are:
- Passionate about feminism, gender justice, and equality;
- Active on their campus, including but not limited to, participation and leadership in student organizations and student government;
- Able to work independently as a self-starter and collaboratively as part of a team;
- Reliable and detail-oriented;
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment;
- Personable and able to inspire, recruit, and coordinate volunteers;
- Exceptional written and oral communicators;
- Adept at creating content for social media to grow a following and influence others;
- Well organized and communicative; and
Excellent networkers with exceptional time management skills.
Prior experience on a campaign is highly desirable.
This is a temporary position through November 10, 2023, with an estimated time commitment of approximately 15 hours/week.
To apply, please send a resume (cover letter detailing leadership experience and/or interest in reproductive rights optional) to [email protected] with the title of the position in the subject line.
The Feminist Majority is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity. People of color, ethnic or religious minorities, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA individuals, and other historically marginalized people are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com