VOICE is a cutting-edge, for impact-non-profit, that is revolutionizing the conflict, crisis, and peacebuilding landscape by harnessing the power of women and girls and the organizations they lead.
VAWG/GBViE Technical Specialist, Ukraine
The VAWG/BGViE Technical Specialist will provide technical support and training to VOICE’s partners in Ukraine to ensure that quality GBV services are available and accessible to women and girls. In particular, the role will work with HIAS Ukraine and local partners to support the rapid scale up of services for women and girls through direct case management and capacity strengthening, technical support in establishing multi-sectoral referral pathways, and other needs related to service delivery. Among the operational locations in Ukraine are L’viv, Lutsk, Vinnytsia, and Chernivtsi.
In addition to being part of a small, dynamic, and diverse VOICE Ukraine team, this role will be part of the larger regional Ukraine response team.
To facilitate relationship-building and efficiency of training and technical support, VOICE is prioritizing candidates from or with lived experience in Ukraine and the region and who speaks Ukrainian and/or Russian.
Responsibilities / Outcomes
· Work collaboratively with VOICE’s Ukraine Country Co-leads and all other VOICE Ukraine Country team members to identify and support local GBV partners that can focus on risk reduction and response activities
· Work with HIAS colleagues to design and implement GBV programming keeping a feminist lens and approach centered, including the set-up of Women and Girls Safe Spaces (WGSS), training and capacity building of service providers and responders
· Develop and deliver GBViE trainings for partner organizations inside Ukraine. This will include the roll-out of trainings across Ukraine in coordination with HIAS
· Support on the development of information, outreach, and awareness-raising to encourage help-seeking behavior of survivors
· Support the strengthening of inter-sectoral referral pathways to support GBV survivors including psychosocial support. Including supporting the establishing of peer support groups for adolescent girls and women
Qualifications & Competencies
· Deep commitment to VOICE’s core values and ability to model those values in relationships and communities we serve
· Minimum 5 years’ experience (including unpaid professional experience) working with women’s rights organizations, VAWG / GBV practitioners or other similar, on prevention and response to VAWG
· Demonstrated knowledge in gender equality, GBV and the empowerment of women and girls
· Demonstrated ability to create and deliver training on violence against women and girls/ GBV
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
· Excellent communicator with strong cultural awareness and sensitivity
· Independent as well as a team player who is self-aware and works with compassion, patience, and tolerance
· A motivated “doer” and self -initiator
· English language proficiency required. Professional proficiency in Russian and/or Ukrainian required.
Apply directly at VOICEamplified.org opportunities page or send cover letter and resume/CV to [email protected] Provide position title – VAWG/GBiE Technical Specialist Ukraine – in the subject line. Include: a cover letter (either attached or in the body of the email).
Contract period: 1 year with possible extension
This position will be posted until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org