Website Vote Mama
Vote Mama builds the political power of moms.
About Vote Mama
Vote Mama builds the political power of moms.
Vote Mama PAC is the first PAC in the country dedicated to supporting Democratic moms running for office up and down the ballot and across the country.
Vote Mama Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, is the leading source of research and advocacy on the political participation of moms and works to break the structural barriers moms face running for and serving in elected office.
Vote Mama Lobby, a 501(c)(4) organization, mobilizes fed-up mamas to take action by electing moms and passing truly family-friendly legislation.
About the Role
The Individual Giving Director will lead individual fundraising activities for Vote Mama’s PAC, 501(c)(3) Foundation, and 501(c)(4) Lobby. The Individual Giving Director will work closely with the leadership team on overall fundraising strategy, relationship management, and related communications.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is strategic and eager to help build and execute systems to create a strong foundation for a growing development team. The Individual Giving Director will report to Corie Pope Lieberman, Chief Development Officer.
Required Skills for this Role
- Commitment to Vote Mama’s goals and theory of change, passion for grassroots organizing, and commitment to progressive policy change
- 4+ years of strong political fundraising experience, preferably for a Congressional or state-wide campaign
- Demonstrated success in donor prospecting, cultivation, and management
- Experience in creating and implementing a comprehensive finance plan, and managing call time, a finance committee, budgets, and compliance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to convey Vote Mama’s mission and impact to donors
- Experience in leading and planning all aspects of large-scale fundraising and cultivation events
- Experience using Salesforce, or a similar CRM, and donor research platforms
- Strong expertise using NGP and Excel
- Must be creative, strategic, collaborative, and organized
We Hope You Bring One or More of These Bonus Skills
- Proven ability to fundraise for a PAC and/or 501(c)(4)
- Experience working in a scaling startup and/or mission-driven organization
- Experience fundraising for an organization with multiple legal entities
- Experience managing staff
Lead Individual Giving Strategy
- Represent Vote Mama to donors and manage them through the donor life-cycle, including identification, cultivation, and stewardship of individual supporters of Vote Mama PAC, Lobby, and Foundation
- Create and implement individual donor strategy for Vote Mama PAC, Lobby, and Foundation, ranging from High Net Worth(HNW) to smaller-dollar individual donors
- Develop and manage Vote MamaPAC’s fundraising plan and be responsible for setting and meeting quarterly goals for individual donor portfolios, the Foundation, and the Lobby
- Plan and execute all aspects of large and small-scale events, including but not limited to PAC fundraisers and individual donor cultivation events in NYC, DC, California, Chicago, and beyond
- Partner with the Chief Development Officer and CEO to support them in maintaining their portfolio of HNW donor relationships
- Partner with the Chief Development Officer and CEO to manage Vote Mama’s Leadership Council
- Co-lead the strategy, development, and implementation of all communications to new and existing donors
- Project manage the Vote Mama digital fundraising strategy in close partnership with the digital and communications team
- Oversee accurate and consistent individual donor recordkeeping in Salesforce, NGP, and revenue tracker
- Work with compliance to manage Vote Mama PAC FEC reporting and other individual donor record-keeping
- Manage and execute candidate contributions and campaign bundling
A typical day
On a typical day, the Individual Giving Director at Vote Mama strategically aligns fundraising with organizational goals, focusing on donor outreach, event planning, and accurate data management. Ongoing collaboration with the digital and communications team on communication strategies, and support for high-net-worth donor relationships and the Leadership Council are essential. The director’s role encompasses cultivating relationships with donors in all parts of the donor lifecycle, executing events, and ensuring cohesive communication strategies to advance Vote Mama’s mission of empowering Democratic moms in elected offices nationwide.
Working at Vote Mama
This position is remote in the NY metro area and requires travel for in-person events and donor meetings as needed.
Salary: $105,000-$130,000 yearly
Health Insurance: group medical insurance, group dental insurance, group vision insurance, and DCFSA/ FSA.
Paid Time Off: paid federal holidays, unlimited vacations and sick days, six months of paid family leave.
401(k): upon three months of employment, access to a 401(k) retirement plan with matching up to 3%.
If you don’t meet all of the requirements and believe you’re a good fit, we absolutely encourage you to apply and tell us why!
Timeline and process: We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and will continue to interview until filled. We are planning for 3 rounds of interviews, all between 45 and 60 minutes via Zoom. While we are looking for the right match, the ideal start date is February 15, 2024.
As an equal opportunity employer, Vote Mama encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.
Vote Mama prides itself on practicing the values we advocate. We are a family-friendly workplace committed to a culture prioritizing both the importance of the work we do and balance with life outside of work. Because we recognize the necessity of an intersectional approach to advocacy, we actively seek to broaden the scope of our collective lived experiences in our hiring practices.