Website wedu_global Wedu
Investing in women leading change.
We are looking for an experienced fundraiser with a proven track record of charity fundraising to contribute to Wedu’s fundraising goals by diversifying, growing and sustaining income from Charitable Trusts and Foundations, Bi-laterials, and INGO funders. This person will provide essential research for developing our grant prospecting and application strategy and will work closely with our Program Leads to compose and submit compelling funding applications to attract new funders. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fundraiser will increase funds by researching, identifying and targeting donors whose criteria match Wedu’s aims and objectives.
The Fundraiser must be a talented writer, adept at explaining and promoting the importance of our work for a variety of audiences. They will be able to identify and implement new funding streams, successfully apply for grants, and manage Wedu’s institutional fundraising activities. They will bring a proven track record of maximising income from a variety of sources, an ability to work independently, and a passion for advancing gender equity to this role.
This new position within Wedu is an opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to work alongside a talented and dedicated team who share a commitment to gender equity. The duration of this fully remote position is six months (extendable, based on performance and funding), with an expected contribution of 15-20 hours per week.
Responsibilities cover prospecting, grant writing, and infrastructure strengthening for institutional fundraising activities at Wedu, and include:
- Identify and research prospective donors, including corporations, trusts and foundations, bi-laterials, and INGOs; and record information in a regularly updated development database that contains accurate records on applications, funder criteria and submission dates & deadlines.
- Spot new fundraising opportunities for the developments of existing or new services and organisational capacity, and independently build a strong pipeline of new funders.
- Develop, write and submit high quality funding applications, (including LOIs, concept notes, and full grant proposals) using and improving upon existing grant templates. Proposals will be sent for final review to the Executive Director.
- Manage and monitor ongoing grant applications, keeping accurate records of performance, income generated, and producing quarterly reports.
- Creating an annual calendar and workplan with clear deadlines.
- Maintain and update donor database and prospect information through CRM database entry and management. Proactively manage all deadlines and ensure key dates and interactions are tracked.
Qualifications and Experience
- A proven track record of fundraising success- including writing successful fundraising bids and at least 3 years’ experience growing partnerships and philanthropy income, preferably within a small-medium sized charity. Please be as specific as possible in your application with respect to your prior fundraising history.
- Evidenced experience producing high quality written content and presenting compelling cases for support to a range of audiences
- Knowledge of best practice in effective fundraising management, including sound knowledge of the Institute of Fundraising’s Codes of Fundraising Practice
- Understanding of the gender equity landscape and the international development funding ecosystem (or relevant areas).
Professional Skills & Personal Attributes
- Excellent written communication skills and a thorough understanding of how to translate our activities and impact data into credible and convincing narratives for a wide range of audiences and criteria
- Excellent attention to detail – high accuracy level of proofreading and editing
- Target-driven self-starter who takes a proactive approach to work
- Ability to prioritise own workload and manage time effectively, working with minimal supervision to meet targets and deadlines
- Able to work in a cooperative, supportive manner within a small team
- Passionate about advancing gender equity and women’s leadership
This part-time position (15-20 hours/week) is fully remote. We do not have a preference for your location; we only ask that you make yourself available for periodic check-ins with the Wedu’s team, primarily based in GMT +7, during regular business hours and that you are able to connect with donors as needed. The position comes with a six-month, extendable contract and pro-rated remuneration of USD 35,000-40,000 per annum.
Interested candidates are invited to apply through our website and we welcome applications from all nationalities and locations. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will be accepted until the position is filled. Due to the number of applications we receive, please note that you will only be contacted if you are shortlisted. If you experience any problems submitting the application, please email [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.weduglobal.org.