Website YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley
Full-Time (40 hours/week), Hourly, Non-Exempt.
Base Hourly Pay: $27.56 Bilingual: $0.50
Location: YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112
Program/Department: Emergency Housing/Housing
Reporting to the Emergency Housing Program Manager, the Emergency Housing Case Manager provides direct advocacy, crisis counseling, safety planning, community referrals and gender-based violence education to individuals and families impacted by domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking. ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITES include managing an assigned caseload of survivors in emergency housing programs, supporting activities related to emergency housing including but not limited to the distribution of food and basic needs to all program enrollees, coordination of client needs at scattered and site based locations, and client follow up.
We are seeking a compassionate, organized, and reliable individual with a high level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence. Essential to this role is a demonstrated ability working with culturally and economically diverse individuals and families and ability to work with those impacted by trauma; a demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and to respond appropriately to unexpected situations.
Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills to work independently and as part of a team. You must have an understanding of feminism and a strong commitment to social justice. Additionally, an ideal candidate will possess knowledge of and sensitivity to domestic violence and sexual assault issues, trauma, gender equity and client-centered service provision.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a human services field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Key to success is the ability to be present in a changing work environment; the ability to work independently and as a member of a diverse team with flexibility, initiative and a sense of humor; and the ability to prioritize effectively and model healthy boundaries with empathy and compassion. Candidates should be competent in using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience in confidential data management and record keeping.
The ideal candidate is a warm, self-starter deeply committed to providing services from a strengths-based, social justice and anti-oppression framework. Prior advocacy-based counseling and case management experience is a plus. Bilingual, bi-cultural and bi-literate skills are preferred (Spanish, Mandarin, or Vietnamese strongly preferred).
Work hours are primarily days and weekends. Schedule TBD. Delivery of service may include overtime to accomplish task at hand. Work includes lifting up to 40 pounds. Susceptible to compassion fatigue and/or vicarious trauma.
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid 3+ years California driver’s license, and auto insurance. Must have completed or be willing to complete a 75-hour California State Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Counselor certification. (Training will be provided). This position requires a Covid-19 vaccination due to the in-person interfacing required, and to promote the health and safety of others in the workplace and our community.
- A competitive benefits plan: Employer covers employee’s premium for health, dental, vision, and life insurance (depending on the plan you choose)
- A high deductible medical plan available including employer contributions and optional employee contributions and a limited Flexible Spending Account available
- 15 paid holidays are made available each year: New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Women’s International Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples Day, Veteran Day, Thanksgiving, and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- 20 days of annual accrued PTO to start
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Talkspace for employees and their household members
- Immediate Employee contributed 403b, and an Employer Contributed
- 401a Retirement Plan with optional employee contributions after eligibility is met
- Parental leave for eligible employees for up to the first eight weeks
- Annual Retention Bonus
- Employee Discounts with TicketsatWork
- Free Access to the Calm App
- With access through Kaiser for the Ginger App and Class Pass
TO APPLY: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to [email protected] with “Emergency Housing Case Manager” in subject line. Posting will continue until position is filled. The YWCA Golden Gate Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit yourywca.org.