Century Engineering – New Cumberland, PA Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Highway Engineer for our New Cumberland, PA office location to perform highway design tasks on a variety of bridge and highway projects. Candidates for this position will demonstrate proficiency in highway design and analyses, with experience in utilizing software applications (e.g. MicroStation, Inroads, etc.) with minimal to no guidance.
- Design and/or supervise in all aspects of highway design
- Provide project oversight and design for plan production, 3D design, quantity and cost calculations as well as computer applications
- Prepare project specifications
- Develop design solutions for complex projects
- Provide QA/QC support on designs by other team members
- Interpret and apply all local, state and federal codes and requirements
- Exercise a wide degree of independent thought and judgement
- Provide guidance to junior level design and engineering staff
- BS from ABET accredited engineering program
- A minimum of 10-15 years of hands-on experience in the highway engineering field. Relevant internship experience or college coursework will be considered
- Professional Engineering License Required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office required
- Proficiency with Inroads and MicroStation preferred
- Experience working on PennDOT and PA Turnpike Commission (PTC) projects
- Ability to supervise and guide less experienced design and engineering staff
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
To apply for this job please visit www.applicantpro.com.