Website Pennsylvania Coalition Agains Rape (PCAR)/ National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC)
The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape is hiring two Victims Compensation Sexual Assault
Claims Specialists to work within the Victims Compensation Assistance Program (VCAP) office
located at PCCD to review and process all sexual assault counseling claims that are filed. These
are temporary positions ending June 30, 2021. The Victims Compensation Sexual Assault Claim
Specialist will have a strong understanding of sexual assault and the many issues faced by survivors,
as well as a minimum of two years of experience working with survivors of sexual assault. With a
strong foundation in the varied needs of survivors, the specialist will be able to provide a range of
confidential services, including crisis intervention, emotional support, information and referral and
personal advocacy to assist with recovery from sexual assault. The specialist will also work with
mental health providers and PCAR’s network of centers to help in the resolution of any claim related
issues. Candidates for the positions should possess:
• Ability to actively demonstrate and communicate the principles of empowerment counseling.
• A thorough understanding of the criminal and juvenile justice systems.
• Prior training on crisis intervention and the ability to share knowledge with others.
• Significant interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Computer, mathematical and analytical skills.
• Experience with facilitation of meetings and group discussions.
• Experience in conducting trainings.
• The ability to professionally represent the PCAR, OVS, and PCCD.
• The ability to travel overnight both in and out of state.
Bachelor’s degree in social science or community development field or a minimum of two years of
relevant professional experience in community development. A strong understanding of sexual
assault and the issues faced by survivors and experience working with survivors of sexual assault are
PCAR offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply
by July 31, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org