Century Engineering Centre Hall, PA Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering is currently seeking a Survey/Civil Technician to perform a variety of tasks associated with land surveying, civil engineering and construction inspection in our Centre Hall, PA office. Qualified applicants will be responsible detail-oriented individuals with a strong interest in joining our Land Surveying or Civil department. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Prepare basic drawings using electronic information given by engineers, designers, or surveyors
- Develop moderate to complex CAD-based construction plans from mark-ups and rough draft drawings prepared by others
- Prepare moderate to complex designs suitable for drafting annotation by others
- Assist in the preparation of project cost estimates and proposals
- Help engineers and designers on various design issues
- Take field notes and prepare maps and sketches from survey data
- Read and interpret plans and blueprints
- Conduct necessary mathematical computations
- Provide support to survey crew performing boundary, topographic, right-of-way, transportation, construction surveys and construction inspection as the need arises
- Minimum of an associate degree in engineering or surveying (will consider new grads with no job experience)
- Additional experience and some higher education may be substituted in lieu of an associate degree
- Must have the ability to prepare detailed daily reports, make field measurements, perform area and volume calculations and conduct field tests for soils, asphalt, concrete and rebar, and have basic computer skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Recognized certifications for UAS Pilots, Concrete, Soils & Aggregate, and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) a plus, but not required. Job-specific training will be provided
- Experience in field survey work including experience as a rod person a plus
- Experience as a Survey Technician including experience using AutoCAD a plus
- Knowledge of the principles, techniques, terminology and computer-systems applications relating to surveying & engineering
- Knowledge of mathematics, including algebra, geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to prepare work and observation reports and make surveying computations
- Current/valid State Driver’s License required
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact [email protected] or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
To apply for this job please visit www.applicantpro.com.